Hearts vs Aberdeen - Saturday 20th May

1 minute ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Aberdeen tried to “entertain” today 😂 that’s enough from you tonight mate.  Your bar must be limbo low. 

I’ve watched enough slugball over the years to recognise slugball.  And Aberdeen mate. Well as I said earlier was half expecting Craig Levein to reveal himself on true Aberdeen bench. 

anyway.  I’ll be back in about 6 months.  

Robson won’t see Christmas take that to the bank. Once the lucky results stop you lot will be baying for blood 

I don’t know what this fuss is about. I’m paying hearts a compliment. 

The neutral generally prefers the team playing with a bit of verve and joie de vivre but the game isn’t about the neutral. We lost fair and square this time. 

Just now, Don exotic said:

You do realise that 2 of Heart’s four league titles came before Aberdeen were even formed as they were in the 1890s, as were 3 of your Scottish cups. Therefore, you can’t include these in a “head to head” comparison.

You do however have a lot more trophies than Sevco, in their short history!

Ah that old excuse, you lucked into the greatest manager in history 🤷‍♂️.  Bravo but it hardly makes you something to be revered.

Hibs fans like pulling arbitrary dates for measures as well.  

Here is an easy one.  Since Aberdeen were formed.  Hearts have beaten Aberdeen more than Aberdeen have beaten hearts. And generally speaking, we’ve won more points as well. 

3 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Aberdeen tried to “entertain” today 😂 that’s enough from you tonight mate.  Your bar must be limbo low. 

I’ve watched enough slugball over the years to recognise slugball.  And Aberdeen mate. Well as I said earlier was half expecting Craig Levein to reveal himself on true Aberdeen bench. 

anyway.  I’ll be back in about 6 months.  

Robson won’t see Christmas take that to the bank. Once the lucky results stop you lot will be baying for blood 

could you point to the lucky results? Surely they have already stopped based on us winning none since the split?

Glad you are off for 6 months the pish you are spouting…

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t know what this fuss is about. I’m paying hearts a compliment. 

The neutral generally prefers the team playing with a bit of verve and joie de vivre but the game isn’t about the neutral. We lost fair and square this time. 

Just trying to help educate you for future debates.  Thank me later

2 minutes ago, kent_don said:

could you point to the lucky results? Surely they have already stopped based on us winning none since the split?

Glad you are off for 6 months the pish you are spouting…

Rangers . Should have been about 3 down before scoring from cross 😂

Ross county. Absolutely atrocious 

hibs last week battered you at least as much as we did. 

Aberdeen are defensively very solid.  And rely on Duk who I like a lot.. top player . Beyond that? 

ps I didn’t watch any more but given you’ve scored 13 goals away all season I’m guessing similar .

Edited by DaveMackay56

2 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Just trying to help educate you for future debates.  Thank me later

And I’ve taken notes of everything, thank you. 

Hopefully we won’t be so naive in future. St Mirren are also a side that will look to frustrate us and stop us from playing. We have to have a plan B. 

2 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Ah that old excuse, you lucked into the greatest manager in history 🤷‍♂️.  Bravo but it hardly makes you something to be revered.

Hibs fans like pulling arbitrary dates for measures as well.  

The beginning our existence as a club is not an arbitrary date though is it. Similarly your championship promotions didn’t involve us and so are not a basis for comparison either. You started the “head to head” chat on a false basis.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

And I’ve taken notes of everything, thank you. 

Hopefully we won’t be so naive in future. St Mirren are also a side that will look to frustrate us and stop us from playing. We have to have a plan B. 

Straight out of ten obtuse poster handbook.  

lose a debate = revert to trolling.  Have a good night 😘 

11 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

The beginning our existence as a club is not an arbitrary date though is it. Similarly your championship promotions didn’t involve us and so are not a basis for comparison either. You started the “head to head” chat on a false basis.

How could our head to head have started before the point of aberdeens existence ?

head to head  “hearts > aberdeen”

anyway.  I sense we will never agree. 

Edited by DaveMackay56

4 hours ago, woolf said:

Indeed,give it a couple of years you’ll be the 6th biggest team 👍

I doubt utd will ever get larger crowds than the sheep tbh, maybe, though, some day

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

What was your favourite Aberdeen songs today?

I liked 'Hearts are Falling Apart Again'', and 'You're not Very Good'.  Disappointed I didn't hear them in the second half.😧

They really shouldn't sing that

59 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

clearly we had downed tools.  Is what it is 

You didn't put any criteria on "a team with less threat than Aberdeen today". I was simply pointing one out.

1 hour ago, DaveMackay56 said:

well that’s also clearly not true is it. 

to be fair, every fan in Scotland respect what Aberdeen did 40 years ago. How could we not.  We can’t ever take it away.

but you haven’t won more than the Edinburgh clubs combined. In fact aberdeen have won a total of 1 domestic trophy more than hearts.  (And given the league cup counts less than the SC) 🙂 it’s not some tbh ing I’ll fret about.  

Head to head records all sit in heart favour, overall league placing’s hearts favour and given we are now beginning to stretch our legs financially off the pitch for the first time ever.  And given the respective trajectories of the 2 cities overtaking that domestic record is a matter of when. 

Since 1903 hearts have 11 trophies,hibs 7 so I trophy less combined than the Don's.

All other honours won by both hearts and hibs were pre 1903

1 hour ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Here is an easy one.  Since Aberdeen were formed.  Hearts have beaten Aberdeen more than Aberdeen have beaten hearts. And generally speaking, we’ve won more points as well. 

"Generally speaking"? What does that even mean?

6 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

Since 1903 hearts have 11 trophies,hibs 7 so I trophy less combined than the Don's.

All other honours won by both hearts and hibs were pre 1903

I’m glad you educated him. He’s started contradicting himself after claiming they had more head to head trophies.

30 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Do they teach ‘Aberdeen got lucky with the greatest manager ever’ in Edinburgh schools? 

Seems unlikely but it would explain a few things. 

You want to peak at the thread on Kickback on by the subject 

Apparently the only reason we were successful in the 1980’s was because we had really good players and our manager was Alex Ferguson 

They might be onto something 

IMG_3812.gif

Edited by Frank Grimes