Hearts vs Aberdeen - Saturday 20th May

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That touched a nerve. Was genuinely amused this morning when I saw you’d written several paragraphs on our starting line up. It’s been a while and I’m sure it’s not coincidental timing. 

I’ve told you before I don’t necessarily disagree with stuff you say but you don’t half go on about us. The relative finances are clearly relevant for the medium term competition between the two clubs, but I can’t honestly pretend to know anything about hearts circumstances. 

Sorry, but you're on a board where people talk about fitba.

Posting about our direct rivals in a weekend when we played them and commenting on something that directly affects both clubs on a match thread is completely fair game. You're not exactly a tip top contributor to discussion by shouting down a relevant topic (not discussed for months) by saying you don't half go on about us'.

So, off your high horse.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Sorry, but you're on a board where people talk about fitba.

Posting about our direct rivals in a weekend when we played them and commenting on something that directly affects both clubs on a match thread is completely fair game. You're not exactly a tip top contributor to discussion by shouting down a relevant topic (not discussed for months) by saying you don't half go on about us'.

So, off your high horse.

Clearly touched a nerve. 

I didn’t shout down anything. I took the piss out of you a bit. Didn’t have you down as being sensitive to that but clearly wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Clearly touched a nerve. 

I didn’t shout down anything. I took the piss out of you a bit. Didn’t have you down as being sensitive to that but clearly wrong. 

No. There's no tone on a typed message.

I just meant what I said. It's a relative topic to what's happening this week and you can't get on your high horse about it because your team got beat.

On 18/05/2023 at 14:19, tarapoa said:

Looking at the current odds to effectively come 3rd, cannot help feeling AFC are completely underpriced.

A lot still to play out - two grounds we seldom win at, some key injuries & suspensions and off the back of a rancid showing last weekend.  Also, what sort of teams/motivation the uglies will have in their matches remains to be seen. Again though, we get Celtic on 'flag day', where they probably will have their fingers out.

I would make us slight favourites, but not much more than that.  Could be a compensatory bet or two being placed here, as I still don't count Hibs out either.

image.thumb.png.eedfcadb66eb7fbee9a730ae771c7bf3.png

image.png.827bbaf17c371d8a0b23bc4da8ca4b6e.png

Still under priced. If I was a betting man, I'd fancy Hearts at 4/1.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

No. There's no tone on a typed message.

I just meant what I said. It's a relative topic to what's happening this week and you can't get on your high horse about it because your team got beat.

Except I’m not on any high horse. You just didn’t like a wee dig at you. 

We’re derailing the thread now with this nonsense so I’d take your own advice and relax, vincent. 

38 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I know that Aberdonians have a reputation for being dour and laconic but  if that’s what you thought about yesterday then the response to the Toby Sibbick Derby earlier this season would have totally  blown your mind.

Grey city, grey weather, grey people. 

(I'm joking to an extent - I love the place and the shire, but there's some amount of bleating going on today about a fair beating)

4 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

(I'm joking to an extent - I love the place and the shire, but there's some amount of bleating going on today about a fair beating)

To be fair, I think they have some 'excitable' lads on this forum who come and go, and they tend to represent your more mental Aberdeen fan. Most of the Aberdeen boys are fine.

They do a good petted lip when we beat them, mind.

13 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I think this is just an internet thing of seeing what you want to see. 

95% of posts from dons fans have had no complaints about the result, and comments that hearts have a better squad have somehow been misconstrued as bitterness instead of a fair assessment of the two teams. 

There’s the occasional one @Bogbrush1903 post about hearts fans celebrating I can see. I laughed my tits off at a *** at my work who said we celebrated like we won the champions league when we beat them. 

Incidentally, the reason that win was so big for us is now apparent after yesterdays predictable outcome.

19 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

To be fair, I think they have some 'excitable' lads on this forum who come and go, and they tend to represent your more mental Aberdeen fan. Most of the Aberdeen boys are fine.

They do a good petted lip when we beat them, mind.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

95% of posts from dons fans have had no complaints about the result, and comments that hearts have a better squad have somehow been misconstrued as bitterness instead of a fair assessment of the two teams. 

There’s the occasional one @Bogbrush1903 post about hearts fans celebrating I can see. I laughed my tits off at a *** at my work who said we celebrated like we won the champions league when we beat them. 

Incidentally, the reason that win was so big for us is now apparent after yesterdays predictable outcome.

Yeah fair point. Unfortunately I'd waded through 15 pages of shite on the match thread so had it ingrained in my mind the take that I presented. Add in Robson's complaining about VAR and I had " a picture".

3 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yeah fair point. Unfortunately I'd waded through 15 pages of shite on the match thread so had it ingrained in my mind the take that I presented. Add in Robson's complaining about VAR and I had " a picture".

I don’t get why robson is playing the VAR card. I thought watkins dived initially and the replays show that there was maybe some contact but I don’t think it’s conclusive and I don’t have a problem with no penalty there really. 

The only injustice we faced yesterday was the fact shinnie wasn’t available, which I am still salty about. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Of course there’s the seductive argument that if we’d just spent a bit more of the money earlier then we would have 3rd tied up by now, thus securing another tranche. 

however given the clubs traumatic history with “speculate to accumulate” strategies I for one am not going to be too furious if the board erred on the side of caution.

Of course if we grab  3rd anyway it will look like a master stroke to have kept so much powder dry

if that doesn’t happen, as unfortunately seems more likely, then it will be interesting to see what Aberdeen do with the money. 

Novel idea this, but perhaps they could spend it on their dilapidated ground? 

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The occasional one was actually in the stadium with them unlike the 95% who watched it on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Lionel Logue said:

Novel idea this, but perhaps they could spend it on their dilapidated ground? 

If only the directors had given the stadium situation some thought over the last 20 years. We need someone with your razor sharp acumen on our board. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Was thinking that watching the game yesterday. He's one of these lads who is always looking for the chance to go down rather than actually gain an advantage. He's a good player, but he wastes a lot of chances by throwing himself on the floor.

Yeah, even Sportscene observed that. He would've been in with a shot on goal if he hadn't dived.

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If only the directors had given the stadium situation some thought over the last 20 years. We need someone with your razor sharp acumen on our board. 

20 years of thought (more accurately 20 years of ignoring the problem and spending on the squad) - did they think they could manifest a new stadium into existence?