Bonnyrigg Rose 2023-24 Best supported team in SPFL2

1 hour ago, frustrated fan said:

Wow Broonaldo, is Neily a neighbour of yours who plays loud music 'till 4 in the morning? On looking at your previous posts, he seems to be the only player you have a dig at!!! On looking at your teams' performances over the season, I would suggest there are more problem areas than where he plays. I've always felt a team should defend from the front. That doesn't happen with the Rose as the big striker allows the opposition defenders all the time in the world. Also  have you ever stopped to think why so many balls come into Bonnyrigg's box?? Simply down to the fact that there are too many players who do not work hard enough to stop the crosses coming in. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about Martynuik but I hate to think where you'd be without his goals. Anyway, more or less job done by the Rose barring a freak result next Saturday. I can agree with you on something though. Change is needed both on and off the park but without major investment, it's going to be difficult. Here's hoping you get a good result on Saturday and a happy ending to the season. Maybe you can post something nice after the game...... but I won't hold my breath.

If you’d read my previous posts, like you said you had, you’ll know I’ve never had a dig at Martynuik as a player (or as a goal scorer), rather at the fact he’s played at CB which isn’t his position and I think he struggles there …. I’m actually taking a dig at the management for asking him to play out of position, which I find bizarre.

And the big striker (McGachie) is still the best striker we have. He’s not had the best of seasons (mainly due to injuries) but he’s still a handful for defenders.

29 minutes ago, Broonaldo said:

If you’d read my previous posts, like you said you had, you’ll know I’ve never had a dig at Martynuik as a player (or as a goal scorer), rather at the fact he’s played at CB which isn’t his position and I think he struggles there …. I’m actually taking a dig at the management for asking him to play out of position, which I find bizarre.

And the big striker (McGachie) is still the best striker we have. He’s not had the best of seasons (mainly due to injuries) but he’s still a handful for defenders.

As far as I'm aware, Martynuik has played most of his games for Bonnyrigg in the position he's playing now but feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. All his managers obviously have a different opinion from yourself but you're entitled to have a dig at them as you pay your entrance money. I note his peers have voted him into the league 2 team of the season so they all must disagree with you as well. As for the striker, everybody has a backside and everybody has an opinion but I'd much rather have my "best striker" sticking the ball into the net rather than just be a handful for defenders. 

Well we have made it to the end of our second season in the SPFL and away from freak results elsewhere today safe in the League for next season.  It has been a tough season don’t think any supporter would deny that. The long run of defeats and few goals scored was worrying. The tough decision was made to change the manager and thankfully we had results to keep us in this League. We were deserving of our point at the Champions last week and unlucky not to take all 3. We finished off last season with a great result against Elgin it would be great if we can give a similar performance and result today and send the fans away for the summer break with a hint of a smile on their faces.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well never saw that result coming. It is usually a tight affair against Forfar but what a second half from us. 

Roll on next season and hopefully 4-5 decent players in the door.

7 hours ago, Broonaldo said:

Big season next season, our 3rd year in SPFL2 and one where hopefully Calum can add some badly needed quality to the squad. I think there’ll be a decent turnover of players with 4 or 5 (more?) going.

Who should stay and who should be going??

Stay

Paddy, Kerr, Neil, Reiss, Josh, Gus, Rossco, Lee, Brad, Owen, Deano and Connor.

callum, JJ,  Smart and kieran for squad players

1 hour ago, DDRose said:

Stay

Paddy, Kerr, Neil, Reiss, Josh, Gus, Rossco, Lee, Brad, Owen, Deano and Connor.

callum, JJ,  Smart and kieran for squad players

Think we’re needing a bigger clear out unfortunately - I’d let Conor, Callum and Smart go too. Good servants to the club but not sure they are at SPFL2 level. You didn’t mention Dunsmore and McGale, I’d probably keep them.

But the big decisions to be made is on Kerr and Kieran. Injuries and a poor season - is this age starting to catch up on them or can they recapture their previous form next season? Calum will know best but it’s surely something he’ll be thinking about. Cuzza’s age will also be a consideration …. he’s had a great season but he’ll be c35 next season (but how on earth do we replace him, he’s pure quality).

To contradict my argument though, I don’t think we’ll have the funds to do the upgrade / clear out we require. That’ll mean (a) we’ll keep more of the existing squad than we should; and / or (b) we’ll look to sign “hidden gems” from the lower leagues, which is a gamble. The good news is Calum has a strong knowledge of the LL, so here’s hoping he knows where those “gems” are!! 

20 minutes ago, Broonaldo said:

Think we’re needing a bigger clear out unfortunately - I’d let Conor, Callum and Smart go too. Good servants to the club but not sure they are at SPFL2 level. You didn’t mention Dunsmore and McGale, I’d probably keep them.

But the big decisions to be made is on Kerr and Kieran. Injuries and a poor season - is this age starting to catch up on them or can they recapture their previous form next season? Calum will know best but it’s surely something he’ll be thinking about. Cuzza’s age will also be a consideration …. he’s had a great season but he’ll be c35 next season (but how on earth do we replace him, he’s pure quality).

To contradict my argument though, I don’t think we’ll have the funds to do the upgrade / clear out we require. That’ll mean (a) we’ll keep more of the existing squad than we should; and / or (b) we’ll look to sign “hidden gems” from the lower leagues, which is a gamble. The good news is Calum has a strong knowledge of the LL, so here’s hoping he knows where those “gems” are!! 

From what I've heard McGale has been told he can leave. For the record I'd keep him. Cuzza is a must keep even at 35. Dunsmore could be a decent squad filler but don't see him playing week in week out. Sean Murphy will be a good addition to the team, also heard we are in for a midfielder from Cowdenbeath.