Bonnyrigg Rose 2023-24 Best supported team in SPFL2

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Will the players be wearing their Best Supported Team Championship medals on the opening day?

If you ask nicely Falkirk has a full set they had preordered at the start of this season they won’t be using.

I'm looking forward to another season in League Two. Hopefully a few new signings and loan deals to bolster the squad. I'm sure the great support we had last year will continue and we can reach or break the 500 season ticket sales again. 👍

1 hour ago, Rosey_Posey said:

I'm looking forward to another season in League Two. Hopefully a few new signings and loan deals to bolster the squad. I'm sure the great support we had last year will continue and we can reach or break the 500 season ticket sales again. 👍

Heard any rumours on anybody coming in? Thinking more Danny Denholm, surely it’s a given you’ll offer him a deal.

1 hour ago, Rosey_Posey said:

You should look forward to it. You started well and finished well.  Beef the side up a bit and hopefully do better in the middle part this time. All the best to you Rose.

A wheen of players re-signed today. Testimonials coming for McGachie, Stewart and Young. The Kieran McGachie testimonial will surely be against a European giant to befit his preeminent status in our game. I vote for Fenerbache. 

Gate prices for next season will be £14/£9/£5/-; compared to £12/£7/£7/- for the season just gone. Season tickets are £190/£120/£50/-.

So £2 onto the gate price for Prime of Youth punters like myself. The sharper eyed among you will notice one of the categories (for Youths 12+) reduced. Continuation of free entry for U12s (the Wee Frees) is wonderful news, and in other news I have a 10yo boy to entertain of a Saturday!

The article on the club website goes on to explain the investment made in the stadium since promotion (“six figures”), self funded from reserves, and that the club has not yet had access to any significant grant funding. But despite this, they quite simply have not attempted to flatten that slope, so tsk tsk.

Which seems like a reasonable price rise to me, to pay £14 compared to, oh let’s pick a random example, paying £18(+?) to sit in a draughty stand in the Condescending Dome at another team in this league.

So there you have it: a community club putting affordable gate prices at the heart of its strategy for another year, and spending within their means. What’s not to like there?

Looking forward to seeing what the group stage of the League Cup brings to Bongo this Summer. Hoping for Hearts!

On 18/05/2023 at 18:26, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

The article on the club website goes on to explain the investment made in the stadium since promotion (“six figures”), self funded from reserves, and that the club has not yet had access to any significant grant funding. But despite this, they quite simply have not attempted to flatten that slope, so tsk tsk.

I mind the chairman telling me the cost of levelling the pitch would be “astronomical “