Bonnyrigg Rose 2023-24 Best supported team in SPFL2

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

So it’s another trip across the Forth today and on to the home of the bridie. Surely the game will be better than last Saturdays. We had a good record against the Loons last season and hopefully that will continue today. We have scored the first goal in the last 2 games which helps I am sure Robbie would like us to go on and score 2 goals which would be massive. . I don’t expect many goals today and if we return to Boomtown still unbeaten in the League I will be happy.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Rose seemed to have Stranraer and Forfar in their pocket last season - be interested to see if that continues today

Well it’s a fine morning in Boomtown and conditions should be good for the game today. Chance of a good crowd with the small Edinburgh and Glasgow teams playing tomorrow. It was a great occasion on the last day of last season when we got the 3pts to secure our place in the League, a similar result today would be fantastic. Got my wish of 2 goals last Saturday and at least 2 today would be great for us.. So

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

• 2 weeks later...

Well it’s gonna be a good albeit long day out today. New ground today in the town of the prison and fish if there are any left. It was a great result 2 weeks ago against Elgin and it was only a matter of time that after our time in SPFL 2 that we were going to have a good day against someone and it was Elgin who were on the receiving end. It was great for the 3 players who scored who scored their first Rose goal that day. We have got more accustomed to this League and it will be a great gauge of our progress when have our second away game of the two teams relegated last season. 1pt gained at 4.50pm this afternoon would be great.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

8 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well it’s gonna be a good albeit long day out today. New ground today in the town of the prison and fish if there are any left. It was a great result 2 weeks ago against Elgin and it was only a matter of time that after our time in SPFL 2 that we were going to have a good day against someone and it was Elgin who were on the receiving end. It was great for the 3 players who scored who scored their first Rose goal that day. We have got more accustomed to this League and it will be a great gauge of our progress when have our second away game of the two teams relegated last season. 1pt gained at 4.50pm this afternoon would be great.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

If they still do the Stovies in the Peterhead Social Club make sure you give them a try!

Well it’s a top of the table clash at a sunny Boomtown Bernebeu today. We are on a good run at the moment irrespective of last weeks result, losing and still remaining top of the League shows how tight this division is. We drew twice against the Warriors last season, so I expect another tight affair today 3pts for us today would be massive. Home after the game get washed and changed then back to the Social Club to honour last seasons Player of the Year awards. Looking forward to a good day.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

7 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well it’s a top of the table clash at a sunny Boomtown Bernebeu today. We are on a good run at the moment irrespective of last weeks result, losing and still remaining top of the League shows how tight this division is. We drew twice against the Warriors last season, so I expect another tight affair today 3pts for us today would be massive. Home after the game get washed and changed then back to the Social Club to honour last seasons Player of the Year awards. Looking forward to a good day.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

enjoy the awards ceremony..................loved the wee rose commitee  guy completely losing the totty at the end of the game....having to be huckled away

• 1 month later...

Time to refresh this thread guys. After last weeks blowy adventure to the North East where I thought we got a great result on the day in very difficult conditions for both teams. We today take the M8 to the Rock of Dumbarton. Our matches with them are generally poor quality games with few goals. I can’t see that changing today. Robbie will make changes to his starting eleven if last weeks missing players are available today. At least conditions will be calmer than last Saturday and I expect another boring draw at the end of the game.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

5 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Time to refresh this thread guys. After last weeks blowy adventure to the North East where I thought we got a great result on the day in very difficult conditions for both teams. We today take the M8 to the Rock of Dumbarton. Our matches with them are generally poor quality games with few goals. I can’t see that changing today. Robbie will make changes to his starting eleven if last weeks missing players are available today. At least conditions will be calmer than last Saturday and I expect another boring draw at the end of the game.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

tmp_825-tumblr_lx53oiVMDB1qa80mlo1_r2_500-1225660684.gif.cbeff34d399d67f205e4afdc5f4137e4.gif.9bf3833d7d053f493e3a22b6f91596e9.gif

When the fixture list came out, I booked a wee weekend up in Elgin for this weekend’s titanic tussle. I was partly expecting/fearing a relegation 27-pointer but pleasingly Bonnyrigg seem to have done “ok” so far this season, whilst Elgin have done “not so ok”.

Will be only my fourth Bonnyrigg game this season, although I did see the 5-1 game against Elgin at NDP. (My last game was at Pilton where I was the only person attending not filming a match vlog.)

Anyway, I’m here in Elgin, and standing patiently inside Borough Briggs waiting for the rest of the crowd to arrive. It’s absolutely hammering down with rain tonight. Bring your wellies! 

Picture: Elgin ultras building the atmosphere outside the Muckle Cross as word spreads that Big Kieran is coming to town.

IMG_9033.jpeg

4 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

When the fixture list came out, I booked a wee weekend up in Elgin for this weekend’s titanic tussle. I was partly expecting/fearing a relegation 27-pointer but pleasingly Bonnyrigg seem to have done “ok” so far this season, whilst Elgin have done “not so ok”.

Will be only my fourth Bonnyrigg game this season, although I did see the 5-1 game against Elgin at NDP. (My last game was at Pilton where I was the only person attending not filming a match vlog.)

Anyway, I’m here in Elgin, and standing patiently inside Borough Briggs waiting for the rest of the crowd to arrive. It’s absolutely hammering down with rain tonight. Bring your wellies! 

Picture: Elgin ultras building the atmosphere outside the Muckle Cross as word spreads that Big Kieran is coming to town.

IMG_9033.jpeg

How does a cold Friday night compare the mythical cold Tuesday night in Elgin we were warned about while building the pyramids?

Well I have the thermals on and just the last few bits and pieces in the car before making the journey. Gonna be. a long day especially when returning in the dark. Last Saturday was a bad result for us so hope we can get back on track with 3pts today. Robbie will as usual make some changes today. I go back to my regular plea of a few weeks ago “ we need to score the first goal of the game “ Offski now.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Not the average Bonnyrigg game this. 

Currently at Lossiemouth Beach, which is absolutely hoaching. Significantly more attractive place to be than the only beach I know of in Bonnyrigg, i.e. the Sunset Beach tanning studio at the old Staiside Inn.

Looking forward to the game now, albeit, as with many such trips, I suspect the football is just a distraction from the real fun of getting away!

IMG_9054.jpeg

IMG_9053.jpeg

On 11/11/2023 at 11:36, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Not the average Bonnyrigg game this. 

Currently at Lossiemouth Beach, which is absolutely hoaching. Significantly more attractive place to be than the only beach I know of in Bonnyrigg, i.e. the Sunset Beach tanning studio at the old Staiside Inn.

Looking forward to the game now, albeit, as with many such trips, I suspect the football is just a distraction from the real fun of getting away!

IMG_9054.jpeg

IMG_9053.jpeg

Good on ya. A couple of years back I watched Lossie 4 Rothes 6 on the Saturday, walked the coast from Garmouth to Lossie on Sunday, bus to Inversneckie in time for ICT 3 Crusaders 2. Happy days.

So after a pitch inspection todays game goes ahead. The pitch will sure be heavy.  We need to start scoring goals again, get a victory and 3 pts especially  after last Saturdays result. We remain unbeaten against Forfar in our time in SPFL 2 hopefully that continues today, as usual don’t expect many goals in this fixture.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹