Transfer ins & outs

3 hours ago, IMX1 said:

Excuse my ignorance, so Shettleston Juniors are now Glasgow United? So what  happened, same cracking old ground I hope?.

No comment on Good/Bad Wullie

They changed it a couple seasons ago for "wider appeal". They are still playing at their old ground but there was talk about them selling it for housing and moving to an astro in the football centre just on the other end of the railway line, no idea if that is still happening or has been abandoned 

Just now, Johnstonian said:

A totally unnecessary and hubristic signing and the timing is no coincidence either.

Certainly a statement signing in more ways than one. 

I have to agree, the squad we have at this moment is capable of winning the league which in my eyes should be our goal. Kyle Lafferty is not needed at all. A lot of money being wasted which could be invested into improving the ground massively.  Unhappy with this. 

26 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

A totally unnecessary and hubristic signing and the timing is no coincidence either.

Certainly a statement signing in more ways than one. 

Get a life! Why do you relate everything to Bigotry.

typical west of Scotland idiot who try’s to look smart by using fancy words 

an unbelievable signing for the club.

good luck to them on this journey!

hopefully everyone in the area gets behind them and bring back the glory years!

26 minutes ago, BurghLoyal said:

I have to agree, the squad we have at this moment is capable of winning the league which in my eyes should be our goal. Kyle Lafferty is not needed at all. A lot of money being wasted which could be invested into improving the ground massively.  Unhappy with this. 

Unhappy at signing at 90 cap internationalist or because he played for Rangers?? 

1 minute ago, JYT said:

Get a life! Why do you relate everything to Bigotry.

typical west of Scotland idiot who try’s to look smart by using fancy words 

an unbelievable signing for the club.

good luck to them on this journey!

hopefully everyone in the area gets behind them and bring back the glory years!

I love your optimism but wait to he ends up playing in places like the cow field of Cambuslang Rangers , mid week on a freezing cold stinking night and you can't even find your way out onto the pitch due to the dark dungeon like conditions then see if he will put a shift in!! 
no disrespect meant to Lang but last season their pitch was a disgrace. 

3 minutes ago, JYT said:

Unhappy at signing at 90 cap internationalist or because he played for Rangers?? 

I never said anything about Rangers or Celtic. No doubt Lafferty is a top player. My point was the money being spent on him is entirely unnecessary for this level and that he is not required to get Johnstone Burgh to where we want to be.

4 minutes ago, BurghLoyal said:

I never said anything about Rangers or Celtic. No doubt Lafferty is a top player. My point was the money being spent on him is entirely unnecessary for this level and that he is not required to get Johnstone Burgh to where we want to be.

Who is the money man behind all of the sudden cash at Johnstone?

I do agree that the team is now of the quality to win the league without any more “celebrity” signings.The cash should be invested in upgrading Keanie Park and getting the club a Licence.

9 minutes ago, BurghLoyal said:

And how do you know the money that’s being spent?

1 minute ago, Lokloyal said:

Who is the money man behind all of the sudden cash at Johnstone?

I do agree that the team is now of the quality to win the league without any more “celebrity” signings.The cash should be invested in upgrading Keanie Park and getting the club a Licence.

I’ve heard rumours that Keanie will be an astro pitch next season. I’m also led to believe the money man owns  KPI Healthcare. Unsure how true all of the above however everything i’ve been told previously has been bang on the money. The numbers flying about in regards to Laffertys signing on fee/wages/goal bonus is absoloute madness.

Some of the clubs at non league level appear to have completely lost the plot.

Heartening to read Burgh fans wanting money to be invested in the clubs infrastructure rather than becoming a pantomime club.

The way the monies is being used suggests this 'moneyman' is not interested in the long term growth of the club, more his 5 minutes in the limelight.

Too many clubs at non league becoming playthings now. 

But what can be done.