BBC Alba coverage of SPFL games

49 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Heard that the one-year deal for League One has been extended for another season apparently.

Be interesting if they move slot, to make sure there's no clashes with Premier's Saturday games.

There’s 12 games in the ALBA deal and 20 for Premier and I don’t think Premier will use every Saturday night so reckon clashes will be minimal.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

There’s 12 games in the ALBA deal and 20 for Premier and I don’t think Premier will use every Saturday night so reckon clashes will be minimal.

I think Premier may have to move a couple of games to Sunday - with Hearts in Europe until Christmas, which should help.

1 hour ago, Ray Patterson said:

I think Premier may have to move a couple of games to Sunday - with Hearts in Europe until Christmas, which should help.

Plus I can see them taking some of the midweek games when they come around.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Plus I can see them taking some of the midweek games when they come around.

Yeah with Sky having all EFL games in midweeks, it might be an opportunity for Premier to get Rangers or Celtic games in their deal.

29th-30th October is an English League Cup midweek which Sky will be all over. With Aberdeen vs Rangers on that midweek, which would be a bit of a coup for Premier.

Edited by Ray Patterson

Posted (edited)

No opinion on the commentary, not being, Scots but free-to-air footy through the medium of the iplayer is ace.  Some great documentaries on the Alba e.g. Third Lanark.  The Motherwell one resonated;  the team cheering folk up as the local industry struggles

Edited by Red Kite

9 hours ago, Red Kite said:

No opinion on the commentary, not being, Scots but free-to-air footy through the medium of the iplayer is ace.  Some great documentaries on the Alba e.g. Third Lanark.  The Motherwell one resonated;  the team cheering folk up as the local industry struggles

They've great documentaries and their half time stuffs usually good.

Wish they'd an English commentary option,though,I'm sure they offer it on their rugby coverage

Just off the back of the earlier chat that’s the first Alba game announced - Montrose vs QOS on August 24th. No Premier Sports game that week so no clash.