Livi vs. Dundee United

Started the thread so I could moan about VAR and the hand ball rule again. What was De Lucas meant to do?

Also Birighitti at the first goal lol. So glad we had 1 shot on target against him in our most important game of the season.

Yet again, a long ball played in the general direction of our goalkeeper results in a complete brain malfunction and inevitable goal conceded.

It's frankly a miracle that we still have a chance of survival after a season with this guy as our no1 for most of it.

9 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Nouble and Penrice playing like wing backs when Utd have possession.

Nouble way too deep, he's causing us issues in defence and is being well marshalled by Niskanen when he gets past the half way line. I would consider switching the 'wingers' at this point.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

6 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Nouble way too deep, he's causing us issues in defence and is being well marshalled by Niskanen when he gets past the half way line. I would consider switching the 'wingers' at this point.

Now that Niskanen is on a yellow we should just have Nouble and Montano running at him

32 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Apparently handball given against Montano rather than De Lucas. Will have to look at it again.

Yeah, it did hit montano's arm but he didn't know anything about it and I wouldn't say there was anything unnatural about his arm's position. Another harsh one but the VAR was always going to side with the ref on that one. I reckon had the ref allowed it and var checked it we'd have been 2-0 up

Just switched on and saw the Livi goal.  Summed up in the reply by one of the Livi fans laughing with disbelief with regards to how our defence managed to give away yet another goal.

In a way yiu have to admire their creativity  in shipping goals.

As somebody said, it us a miracle we are still yet not relegated with that defence.

Strong emphasis on defending in that first half for Livi. Not much was done wrong with the goal concession. It's unusual for an opponent to score a volley from outside the box. Possibly Boyes could've won his header and a midfielder could've pressured Harkes more, if we're to be extra strict.

Montaño was our best player. Anderson did very well with his goal. The focus on defending had Nouble and Penrice coming right back to assist their full back which prevented us counter attacking.

1 minute ago, Sugar_Army said:

Just switched on and saw the Livi goal.  Summed up in the reply by one of the Livi fans laughing with disbelief with regards to how our defence managed to give away yet another goal.

In a way yiu have to admire their creativity  in shipping goals.

As somebody said, it us a miracle we are still yet not relegated with that defence.

It's astonishing that we have only conceded 63 goals in 35 and a half games. Especially considering we lost 9 in one game

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's astonishing that we have only conceded 63 goals in 35 and a half games. Especially considering we lost 9 in one game

And your goalies.   My god, your goalies.  Saw the highlight of the Livingston goal - I’m not exaggerating when I say Sunday league stuff.

22 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Nouble should've been used on the right more often this season. He's great at hitting the byline and crossing when he plays there.

27 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Good shout.... Penners coming in off the left hand side to score there

Montaño always plays on the front foot at left back and can win the ball high up the pitch like that. Nice assist from Stephen Kelly and brilliant finish from Penrice.