Aberdeen v St Mirren

2 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

3 things

Aberdeen won the toss up and made us play into the sun

Kiltie made an arse is a pass that he then chased down to give away the free kick

Small lost the plot

Gave me the chance of an early exit back up to union street to the pub

Your username.

Bit of a misnomer 

That was a much more comfortable evening than I expected.

It is obviously made more routine by the red card, but even then I thought we had begun to stamp our authority on the game after Clarkson's goal. Speaking of Clarkson, the boy is just a joy to watch play football. Just his intelligence, his composure, his passes, the decisions he makes, how he controls the ball - and his goals, obviously. I know it is extremely unlikely, but what I would give to have him here for another season. 

Shinnie, even without the two goals, showed just how important he is - he is the beating heart and soul of this team.

The second half was a stroll after we went 3-0 up, and really the only nervousness was coming from whether Hearts would do enough at Ibrox.

Even then, Roos makes a couple of smart saves - I thought he was underrated at the beginning of the season, but he has surely changed the minds of even his most ardent doubter by now. He has been the best goalkeeper in the league by a mile since returning from injury. 

Fingers crossed for Miovski - it was difficult to make out much about the tackle from the Main Stand, and I haven't seen it back, but you kind of knew from his immediate reaction that it wasn't good. A blemish on an otherwise brilliant night. 

I remember sitting on the train after the 6-0 at Easter Road in January and thinking that I wouldn't be surprised if this team crumbled and got relegated. They had nothing about them - no character, no cohesion, no fight. What a remarkable transformation on all of those fronts. 

Not a good night for St Mirren. Still, at least they have their European qualification from 1st February to fall back on. 

Edited by DrewDon

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

St Mirrens best ever team finally reach the top 6 and they’re still going to finish on less points than 7th place. Must really hurt. 

Do you understand the split?

Your team is ?

3 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

St Mirrens best ever team finally reach the top 6 and they’re still going to finish on less points than 7th place. Must really hurt. 

6th placed team playing better teams than the 7th placed team.

Magnificent night for the club and all of us. Not going into a long spiel as @DrewDonsummed it up beautifully.

Just want to place on the record that Barry Robson, Steve Agnew, Liam Fox, Scott Anderson and Craig Samson have done a brilliant job in turning that 10 days in Edinburgh and Darvel into European football next season.

A very likeable team since February, well done all.

“St Mirren had harder games” is a massive cope in this case. From 7 points ahead before the split to 4 points behind (which is almost certainly what will happen) in just 5 games is embarrassing regardless of who each team plays, and if St Mirren really were as good as Munoz and other St Mirren fans claimed they would have easily beaten Aberdeen, hearts and hibs. 

Of course, the post split fixtures proved St Mirren were easily the worst team in the top 6 this season and possibly ever as @YassinMoutaouakil says above. 

Edited by MazzyStar

57 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I guess we will just have to console ourselves with receiving more prize money. 
You can have as many extra points as you like. 

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Surprisingly enough, I'm not feeling too optimistic about tonight's result.

Your job for the season is almost done. Let everyone know that Celtic have no chance of winning the Cup.

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Is the Hearts team really better though?

Who would you have that would replace players in our first eleven?

The whole team according to “Biscuits” Preston.

Incredible to get so many potential rewards with such a low points haul compared to most of the past decade.