Aberdeen v St Mirren

What a wonderful stress free night from Aberdeen. Clarkson MOTM fir me, back to his very best tonight. And shows how much we missed Shinnie and McCrorie in the last few games and the decision to give McCrorie his op hasn't come back to bite us on the bum. Ramadani is a different player with Shinnie beside him and he wasn't happy to be subbed. My only worry was when my son told me Hearts had equalised so really pleased to see the full time score come up. Nice worry free afternoon in Celtic Park on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What a wonderful stress free night from Aberdeen. Clarkson MOTM fir me, back to his very best tonight. And shows how much we missed Shinnie and McCrorie in the last few games and the decision to give McCrorie his op hasn't come back to bite us on the bum. Ramadani is a different player with Shinnie beside him and he wasn't happy to be subbed. My only worry was when my son told me Hearts had equalised so really pleased to see the full time score come up. Nice worry free afternoon in Celtic Park on Saturday.

Had to laugh when I saw the Hearts equaliser. The guy goes and jumps in to the away end, completely killing any chance of a sneaky winner.

9 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We're the first thing on your mind. ❤️

Enjoy your evening, no complaints here.

I'm not the one on another team's thread immediately after my team secured a creditable draw at Ibrox to probably claim 4th place.

I did, thanks.

A remarkable achievement to finish 3rd having been handicapped by having Goodwin as manager for half the season.

I know Pollock was waving goodbye tonight but keeping Shinnie, Clarkson, Pollock and Scales for next season should be a priority to retain a strong core for next season.

If Celtic win the Scottish Cup then we should have the necessary funds incoming to make that possible (although Clarkson and Pollock would be loanees again).

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm not the one on another team's thread immediately after my team secured a creditable draw at Ibrox to probably claim 4th place.

I did, thanks.

I think you're bigging them up too much. No way have they probably claimed 4th place.

6 hours ago, tarapoa said:

The whole team according to “Biscuits” Preston.

Incredible to get so many potential rewards with such a low points haul compared to most of the past decade.

Nice to get a break for a change.

8 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

A remarkable achievement to finish 3rd having been handicapped by having Goodwin as manager for half the season.

I know Pollock was waving goodbye tonight but keeping Shinnie, Clarkson, Pollock and Scales for next season should be a priority to retain a strong core for next season.

If Celtic win the Scottish Cup then we should have the necessary funds incoming to make that possible (although Clarkson and Pollock would be loanees again).

what a turn around Scales has had under Robson, looks a completely different player from start of the season

2 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

what a turn around Scales has had under Robson, looks a completely different player from start of the season

Aye, the defence is easy to sort out...

10 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Aberdeen are trying to get Clarkson permanently as he only has 1 year left on his contract. Liverpool don't wish to keep him. Levitt (on loan from Manchester Utd/Wales Int.) signed for Dundee Utd for 300k after a loan spell and similar circumstances. Should Celtic win the Scottish cup I wouldn't be surprised to see us push the boat out for him. Scales and Shinnie too.

Pollock is definitely leaving from the sound of things however Robson has indicated he wants Jay Idezs as his replacement (survived relegation with Go Ahead Eagles). 

I see Nicky Delvin set up a goal last night for Livi. I think he'll be a good signing for us.

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Hope not, I was trying to be nice.

I knew that. I realise that Hearts fans will be be accusing us Dons fans of obsessing about their team but it's only to try to make themselves feel better. Has there ever been a bigger fall from invincibility.

8 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

“St Mirren had harder games” is a massive cope in this case. From 7 points ahead before the split to 4 points behind (which is almost certainly what will happen) in just 5 games is embarrassing regardless of who each team plays, and if St Mirren really were as good as Munoz and other St Mirren fans claimed they would have easily beaten Aberdeen, hearts and hibs. 

Of course, the post split fixtures proved St Mirren were easily the worst team in the top 6 this season and possibly ever as @YassinMoutaouakil says above. 

Fair play on having the front to slaughter a team for achieving top six of the top flight and missing out on Europe with two games left. This is despite you supporting a club who has even less success in reaching the top flight over the last half century than Morton.

Keep punching up, champ!

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I knew that. I realise that Hearts fans will be be accusing us Dons fans of obsessing about their team but it's only to try to make themselves feel better. Has there ever been a bigger fall from invincibility.

f**k the hearts fans. 

They have to own their misplaced hubris. 

more relegations than league finishes above Aberdeen in 10 years 

:lol: