County vs St Johnstone, 24/05/23

Went to get tickets this morning. Situation seems to be that I can now buy them up there and get one free. Obviously hasn't been communicated that well and no idea what the score is if you've already bought them.

Half expecting County to tell me they aren't dealing with away sales...

Chance for Steven MacLean to show what he's about.

Zero point in us now playing folk who wont be here in 2 months with players we need to see more of on the bench.

Dont see the point in changing too much as youll want to see how they get on, in terms of linking up, beside actual starters.

Sinclair

McGowan - Gordon - Considine - Gallacher 

MacPherson - Phillips 

Wright - Ballantyne - Carey

Kane

McGowan in to hopefully stop White drifting onto Brown all the time, cant do much to stop that on the left. 

Thanks but goodbye to Matthews, Mitchell, McLennan and Rudden as ones even considered for a start. Montgomery depends on the chances of getting him back.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Agree on the loan players and indeed any others who wont be here next season. Sinclair has to play and so do others who are either contracted for next season or who are still playing for their future with us and/or need minutes for fitness purposes.

The definition of a free hit for Maclean, I'd like to see us be positive and play with the freedom we haven't done for the last couple of seasons and, hopefully, take the game to County.

We’ve simply got to be winning this with St Johnstone having nothing to play for, would largely keep the same line up but sacrifice a defender (probably iacovitti if he’s injured) and bring Murray back in to go 4-3-3 

3-1 county

5 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

this sums this game up. 

Not sure it does to be honest.

Ok, the wording and detail could be clearer but any initiative that encourages those to attend, that normally wouldn’t, should be applauded in my mind.

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/st-johnstone-h-bring-a-friend-for-free

15 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Ok, the wording and detail could be clearer but any initiative that encourages those to attend, that normally wouldn’t, should be applauded in my mind.

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/st-johnstone-h-bring-a-friend-for-free

That's if you completely brush over the fact Ross County have said the offer applies to Saints fans but ONLY if Saints fans collect the tickets from the Ross County ticket office while also simultaneously refusing to allow Saints fans to collect tickets from the Ross County ticket office. 

They also waited until 3-4 days into selling tickets to Saints fans it applies to them as well and those who have already bought tickets cannot take part in the offer. 

Shambles. 

7 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

That's if you completely brush over the fact Ross County have said the offer applies to Saints fans but ONLY if Saints fans collect the tickets from the Ross County ticket office while also simultaneously refusing to allow Saints fans to collect tickets from the Ross County ticket office. 

They also waited until 3-4 days into selling tickets to Saints fans it applies to them as well and those who have already bought tickets cannot take part in the offer. 

Shambles. 

Pure raging, where you planning on bringing your friend like? 

5 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Pure raging, where you planning on bringing your friend like? 

"Pure rage". Are you a child?

You disagreed with me, I've simply explained why you're wrong. 

You've decided I'm raging because you've got nothing in response to it. You'd have been better not responding. 

It's okay. You can accept they've made an arse of it. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

44 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Its a shame they waited a week to tell everyone the initiative was on, and then made it impossible for away fans to get it.

Presumably ticket sales for this are woeful and theyve had to offer home fans it out of desperation. Presumably the crowd will reflect that, while the official attendance is a sell out...

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a shame they waited a week to tell everyone the initiative was on, and then made it impossible for away fans to get it.

Presumably ticket sales for this are woeful and theyve had to offer home fans it out of desperation. Presumably the crowd will reflect that, while the official attendance is a sell out...

As far as I know its a decent away crowd heading up. Enough that they could have opened behind the goal instead of in the corner.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

"Pure rage". Are you a child?

You disagreed with me, I've simply explained why you're wrong. 

You've decided I'm raging because you've got nothing in response to it. You'd have been better not responding. 

It's okay. You can accept they've made an arse of it. 

Sound pretty raging tbh

17 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

As far as I know its a decent away crowd heading up. Enough that they could have opened behind the goal instead of in the corner.

Hopefully hear a good rendition of "Cheer up Malky Mackay" with a "youre just a, fat racist b*****d" thrown in, once Cammy Ballantyne plops his 3rd goal of the evening in, then.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

What’s to stop you as an away fan phoning RC shop, ordering and paying for tickets over the phone, then collecting your tickets on match day, complete with your free “bring a friend” tickets? 

The club has confirmed its applicable to away fans, I don’t see why they would say that if it wasn’t the case.

7 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

What’s to stop you as an away fan phoning RC shop, ordering and paying for tickets over the phone, then collecting your tickets on match day, complete with your free “bring a friend” tickets? 

Whats stopping me buying a ticket at the ground, a week after they went on sale and we were specifically told we only get them from Saints, on a Wednesday night 120 miles away when the club selling the tickets specifically say they can't guarantee a ticket will actually be available for the away stand?

Maybe your club should move out the dark ages and actually allow online ticket sales, something even 3rd tier sides are capable of.