County vs St Johnstone, 24/05/23

First time in a while we've been in the stadium for a game with nothing riding on it for Saints. But it was still disappointing to throw away a comfortable advantage. Felt it was a game we were in complete control of and playing some decent stuff but we defended really poorly for the bulk of the second half against what was simple football from County. Whether it was standards or ability, that is a concern.

Continuity won't cut it and I remain to be convinced that isn't primarily what Steven MacLean offers.

For the neutral that would have been a very enjoyable game, I am surprised we managed to get back into it to be honest, at 2-0 down we looked out of it.

We still have a lot of dead wood - Randall again wasteful in possession and Kenneh looked half asleep in the first half.  I saw Kenneh got a roasting from the bench just after half time and he showed a bit more urgency and improved.  I know we paid actual money for Simon Murray but he doesn't look like a Prem player, he simply wants too much time on the ball and he isnt afforded that.  I would play Samuel and White against Killie for sure, Samuel has great ability at holding off and turning defenders.

As others have alluded to, the late equalizer doesn't change our outlook vs Killie.  We need to win, Killie need to draw, will that mindset prove helpful come Sunday?  I know who has the easier team talk.

8 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

For the neutral that would have been a very enjoyable game, I am surprised we managed to get back into it to be honest, at 2-0 down we looked out of it.

We still have a lot of dead wood - Randall again wasteful in possession and Kenneh looked half asleep in the first half.  I saw Kenneh got a roasting from the bench just after half time and he showed a bit more urgency and improved.  I know we paid actual money for Simon Murray but he doesn't look like a Prem player, he simply wants too much time on the ball and he isnt afforded that.  I would play Samuel and White against Killie for sure, Samuel has great ability at holding off and turning defenders.

As others have alluded to, the late equalizer doesn't change our outlook vs Killie.  We need to win, Killie need to draw, will that mindset prove helpful come Sunday?  I know who has the easier team talk.

I know who had the easier team talk last night as well, but that didn’t stop County not turning up for 50 minutes.  There’s definitely more spirit than ability in that squad, but it counts for nought if they can’t start/see out games.  I think I’d have Cancola in for Kenneh, unless Dhanda is out, which would be a major blow.  If he’s fit, my tactic is give the ball to Dhanda and hope White gets on the end of one of his passes.  

FWIW, I see our Facebook fans are all for dropping White.  I have very little sympathy for Billy White and his incessant trolling, but there are times I wonder if I’m watching a different team to those people.

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I know who had the easier team talk last night as well, but that didn’t stop County not turning up for 50 minutes.  There’s definitely more spirit than ability in that squad, but it counts for nought if they can’t start/see out games.  I think I’d have Cancola in for Kenneh, unless Dhanda is out, which would be a major blow.  If he’s fit, my tactic is give the ball to Dhanda and hope White gets on the end of one of his passes.  

FWIW, I see our Facebook fans are all for dropping White.  I have very little sympathy for Billy White and his incessant trolling, but there are times I wonder if I’m watching a different team to those people.

Is he still at that pish?

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

God yeah.  In fairness, Jordan White is by a mile our most effective striker, but he’s on the verge of a move to Barcelona (or indeed St Johnstone) if you listen to his dad.   

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Every time I make even a half hearted attempt at defending White his da is slobbering all over it. He vs our Facebook fans is basically:

image.jpeg.308c413abd81230afd3e150b0294c8c8.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I know who had the easier team talk last night as well, but that didn’t stop County not turning up for 50 minutes.  

The poor first half performance has been a theme this season, most recently last night and the Livi game.  This may be tentativeness or a nervousness amongst the players, but it could also be a tactical naivity by Malky, who doesnt set his team up correctly and then takes 45 minutes to rectify and adapt to what is happening on the pitch.  

27 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He was doing it on here when Saints fans weren't keen on Saints trying to pay 100k+ for him. 

That was fucking wild in hindsight. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That was fucking wild in hindsight. 

Definitely. Sums up our transfer business as a whole since Wright left though. 

White has done this season there's no doubt about that but in no uncertain terms should Saints be chucking money like that around on him. 

47 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He was doing it on here when Saints fans weren't keen on Saints trying to pay 100k+ for him. 

Remember though, it wasn’t him. In no way was that poster related to Jordan White. It was just a Stirling Albion fan sick of seeing St. Johnstone getting above their station. 

For those who criticise Jordan White please remember how important his goals are since the split.

We are on a +8 goal difference with Dundee United and that just might keep us from 12th spot should we lose on Sunday and Utd win. Since losing 6 to Hearts that cushion as good as vanished, but his 4 goals in the past 4 games have helped us recoup that gap and they may well prove vital.

Finally take a bow Jack Baldwin, that was a super strike.

Edited by silver

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

Every time I make even a half hearted attempt at defending White his da is slobbering all over it. He vs our Facebook fans is basically:

image.jpeg.308c413abd81230afd3e150b0294c8c8.jpeg

They definitely deserve each other.