Hearts v Hibs - The Battle for 4th

13 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

McKirdy surely out on his own as Worst Player of the Year? 

11 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Dunno, Birighetti has effectively relegated a team on his own

Anthony Stewart for me, Pretty sure he was captain as well making it worse.

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Surely Ryan Edwards is in the running. He was also the captain and completely pish.

Birghitti - Stewart - Edwards - McKirdy...

That's the spine of a truly shite team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2023 at 15:02, DC92 said:

Thoroughly unmoved by the idea of avoiding the further embarrassment of finishing below that dogshit and playing a couple of qualifiers. 

Thoroughly enjoying at the seethe from the Hibees here. Complaints about the other team "overcelebrating" are justified about 1% of the time and pathetic, tear-sodden rage the other 99%. The fact is you had an enormous opportunity for a huge GIRUY here and fucked it. The lukewarm "celebrations" reflected that.

Over to you, Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

You're absolutely right mate, you've proven to everyone here that Hearts are a massive, famous club and Hibs are irrelevant and small.

Some people could have been confused, but thankfully you were here to enter this discussion about Hibs - which some might have thought had nothing at all to do with Hearts - to put us right.

FYI the above post may be recognisable to you from the one you sent to me on the Hearts thread. Its mad isn't it. Almost like this forum involves supporters of some teams commenting on others 😁

• 2 months later...
On 28/05/2023 at 12:25, Les Cabbage said:

Now that the dust has settled I’m okay with that.

Result? Shite. Performance? Shite. Opportunity missed.

However 5th place means we’ll go into Europe seeded a round before Hearts do assuming Celtic win the cup, this likely means we’ll get 1 more European tie than they do which is superb.

Possibly more importantly it means Naismith will likely end up getting the job permanently, this is terrific news, have seen Hearts three times under his management and they have been truly awful.

Think in the long run this will turn out well for us.

On 28/05/2023 at 12:26, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Curious as to why you think it'd be a car crash.  I'm not sure he'd be right but he's 100% improved on what he inherited and the players love him. 

I get folk wanting it to be a car crash right enough, but at worst i think he'd be a bog standard Cinch manager

On 28/05/2023 at 12:34, VincentGuerin said:

😀

I'm assuming two of those games were the one three days after he got the job and the one where his team played about 80 minutes against yours a man down and got a draw in a game your team had to win, aye?

I get that wishful thinking is what fitba fans do, and I'm not a huge Naismith advocate by any means. But there's been absolutely nothing in his spell in charge to suggest him getting the job would be 'terrific news' for Hibs whatsoever. At worst he's steadied the ship and got some decent results and performances out of a team that was in a nose-dive.

I thought he got it right yesterday. We looked likely to win 11 v 11 and then he defended the weaknesses in our team with ten men. It was fucking dull, but absolutely the right approach in the situation. Hibs ran out of ideas relatively early. That's good game management.

Apart from the first game, when he'd hardly worked with the players, Hearts have performed pretty well in every game since he got the job.

IMG_2924.gif.190515646af56dd2f18d4dfbb8da635f.gif