Steve Clarke - in/out/general discussion

I think this is probably it for him. 

He got something of a free pass the last Euros because of the long gap since last qualifying. But this was the time to build on that and he failed spectacularly. 

Edited by The Master

Should be absolutely fucking hounded for that. Completely shat it yet again. Whole thing since we qualified has been an utter shambles. 

Anyone defending him is a just a complete fucking loser at this point. Tournament was a complete disaster to the point we became everybody else’s second team we were that bad.

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

I’ve always supported Clarke, but that was a coward’s performance.

First shot on goal from Grant Hanley in the 96th minute against a poor Hungary team.

The level of fear in that team can only be a cultural thing and that only changes at the top.

Against the Swiss we won a corner within 2 minutes and the Tartan Army roared like it was a goal, because it indicated some oompf and urgency.

Tonight we were too shit scared to make two forward passes in a row.

Honourable mention to someone I’m very fond of… Andy Robertson was an absolute shambles. Was he injured?

Anyway, rant over.

Can't even blame any of the players. Not even Ralston he is what he is, he never picked himself.

Adams expected to score with a ball belted over his head. McTominay and McGinn expected to dribble past 5 men and score.

I do hope he's got it in him to do the right thing.

Clarke just has to go. No ambition to try and win the game. I said at the time the Swiss result wasn't good enough although everyone in the media was wetting themselves as we would only have to beat Hungary.

Macgregor and Ralston getting picked both because they play for  Celtic and should fave been nowhere near the team.

Clarke needs to f**k off now as someone needs to tell him games need to be won by scoring goals.

6 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Absolutely bottled two tournaments now where qualification was there for the taking.

Thanks for everything Steve, but it’s time. Give it Moyesy for the World Cup and the next euros.

Sorry, Moyesy as in David Moyes?

HAve you been watching West Ham football lately?

3 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Completely agree with this, he's not the answer. He's more of the same.

Yep. He's not gonna have anything close to resources he had available player wise as manager for West Ham.

So so bad. Any competent manager can now get to these 24 man euros, it's not some achievement with a good squad which we absolutely have imo. I know others feel different which is fine. 

I am just glad it wasn't a draw & that rabble don't sneak through.

I'd change him yesterday. I'd go foreign but he will still be there.  

No been on in a while so on to vent .

clarke has done very well to get us to two tournaments but I don’t have any trust in him that he can change when it matters , that was woeful , it’s all fine and well being organised and compact but when it’s at the detriment of getting near the fuckin goal it has to change , you cannot just play in front of teams without penetration .

There has to be someone out there who can actually be more positive and not let things pass them By.

a massive failure at this tournament 

Edited by gerrymcc1978