Steve Clarke - in/out/general discussion

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Is he the greatest Scotland manager of all time? 

He's managed to take us from the type of team to scrap draws against the likes of Lithuania and getting pumped off Kazakhstan - watched by only a half-filled Hampden, utterly hopeless...

To a team who have qualified for two Euros on the bounce - this time at an absolute canter - recording comfortable wins over Denmark, Spain and such along the way - a squad of fighters and brothers.

We used to give up. Now, we fight.

For that, Clarke is probably the best. For me, at least.

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

When we lift the trophy, there is no doubt about it.

I think quarters would be a genuine ’new level’ achievement 

I know we qualified for 16 team World Cups and one 8 team Euros but I think that would set a real achievement benchmark 

As well as being something we could just be plain old proud of,

Last 16, still good but I just think this lot can do more

It really is an absurd achievement. We've never qualified as smoothly as far as I'm aware. We don't have to worry about a trip to Tbilisi or Haaland at Hampden. To get through this group with games to spare shouldn't be something that's happened, but here we are. He'll be absolutely immortalised if we can get through the groups, and there's no reason we can't. 

Was having a look last night.

By the end of the next World Cup qualifying campaign he'll almost certainly be the manager with the most games, and a good chance of being the manager with most wins, since we moved away from the selection committee.

A good showing at the Euros and he'll be right up there as our best ever manager. Get out the groups and it'll be fact.