LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

2 minutes ago, Zenith said:

There was, both Webby and Gillespie were right there, and 5 yards outside the box, it's not an obvious goal scoring opportunity. 

In Jamie Allan's case the striker just barges into him and falls down, I don't see how that's a foul either, there's no trip, no push, no kick from Allan. 

Game ruined by poor refereeing. 

The guy was going to put the 2nd one in the net. You guys need to get rose tinted specs off both were clear red cards. 

12 hours ago, UpInTheStand said:

Evening sir! 🙂

I do try to keep quiet but am literally a fan with a camera and sometimes I get caught up in the moment. I make no apologies for that.

Which ill-informed opinion has angered you so much?

You do a fantastic Job but you should refrain from saying anything like you said on camera. Saying it off camera is fine 

It's first time I've ever heard you say anything while film 

I watched the footage last night and the two red cards were correct decisions.  

In the first incident the attacker is denied a shot by Skinners foul.

Second red was a stonewaller. Rose player panics after a defensive blunder and stops the attacker knocking in the ball.

30 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

The guy was going to put the 2nd one in the net. You guys need to get rose tinted specs off both were clear red cards. 

Nonsense, what does Jamie Allan do to commit a foul? 

Skinner's red comes down to whether the ref considers it a goal scoring opportunity, fair enough, it's his call, but Allan has to commit a foul and he doesn't, he does nothing. The Colts player jumps into him and falls over. 

So you tell me, what does Allan do that's a foul? 

Re the second red card.  There were two questions for the ref.   Is it a foul and does it deny a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Yes and Yes.

Allan clearly "impedes an opponent with contact"  by throwing up one arm to stop the attacker taking a step forward and knocking the ball into the empty net.

Rose fans should be having a pop at the woeful play by the goalie/defence rather than the referee.

10 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Re the second red card.  There were two questions for the ref.   Is it a foul and does it deny a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Yes and Yes.

Allan clearly "impedes an opponent with contact"  by throwing up one arm to stop the attacker taking a step forward and knocking the ball into the empty net.

Rose fans should be having a pop at the woeful play by the goalie/defence rather than the referee.

Allan has his arms out and his feet planted on the ground when the striker inexplicably jumps into him and falls over. He's not even goal side of the striker. That happens anywhere else on the pitch and the play continues.

It's not a foul and he doesn't impede the opponent with contact because the contact comes from the Colts player, his feet are off the ground because he jumps into Jamie Allan. 

3 minutes ago, Zenith said:

Allan has his arms out and his feet planted on the ground when the striker inexplicably jumps into him and falls over. He's not even goal side of the striker. That happens anywhere else on the pitch and the play continues.

It's not a foul and he doesn't impede the opponent with contact because the contact comes from the Colts player, his feet are off the ground because he jumps into Jamie Allan. 

What a load of nonsense. He's stuck his arm up to stop him putting the ball in. Why would he jump into him with an open goal.

So you are saying if it was roles reversed that was a rose player being clotheslined in the Box you wouldn't be shouting for a penalty.

Woeful defending 

1 hour ago, Zenith said:

Not going to waste 10 minutes with a detailed response.   

Here's the 20 second version - You clearly don't know the laws of the game. You're probably best to keep quiet about things you don't understand. 

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I watched the footage last night and the two red cards were correct decisions.  

In the first incident the attacker is denied a shot by Skinners foul.

Second red was a stonewaller. Rose player panics after a defensive blunder and stops the attacker knocking in the ball.

If both incidents were at the other end I would have been screaming for a penalty for both.

As frustrating as it is but the letter of the law both are red cards.

Just where we are just now as we are playing midfielders in defence.

A bit unlucky!

Webb was the only one yesterday who is a starting defender with MacPherson, Thom, Alison and Thomson all injured or not fit to play . That’s some injury list 4 games in.

Edited by grinderbrokeyourhearts

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Not going to waste 10 minutes with a detailed response.   

Here's the 20 second version - You clearly don't know the laws of the game. You're probably best to keep quiet about things you don't understand. 

1. Direct free kick
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following 
offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be 
careless, reckless or using excessive force:
• charges
• jumps at
• kicks or attempts to kick
• pushes
• strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
• tackles or challenges
• trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact, it is penalised by a direct free kick.

There's your laws of the game, tell me which of these things Jamie Allan did to commit a foul? 

There's a handy gif I made just for you so you can see it for yourself, you don't have to thank me, the knowledge that I'm helping the less fortunate is all the thanks I need. 

20230813_183900.gif

22 minutes ago, Zenith said:

1. Direct free kick
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following 
offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be 
careless, reckless or using excessive force:
• charges
• jumps at
• kicks or attempts to kick
• pushes
• strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
• tackles or challenges
• trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact, it is penalised by a direct free kick.

There's your laws of the game, tell me which of these things Jamie Allan did to commit a foul? 

There's a handy gif I made just for you so you can see it for yourself, you don't have to thank me, the knowledge that I'm helping the less fortunate is all the thanks I need. 

20230813_183900.gif

Have a word with yourself absolute clown even every other person on here has conceded he's grabbed the player

6 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

The rule has changed. It’s denying a goal scoring opportunity not last man. Hate the rule.

Changed? It has never changed, it has always been denying a goal scoring opportunity. The "last man" rule never existed.