LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

2 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Your manager's post match comments on the B teams were absolutely spot on. They could potentially decided who goes up  or down.your number seven was the best player on the park.

It was the assistant manager. While he has a point about Celtic, he  was completely wrong about Hearts B, as he was given duff information by his own manager, and relayed it as fact.

On 02/11/2023 at 08:21, LongTimeLurker said:

The LL has way too many meaningless games and that hurts the level of fan interest.

So what's your solution then?

Lowland leagues of 10 or 12 and play each other over and over again. 

The SPFL clubs hate that as it is. 

Meaningless games all over Scotland not just the LL.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The answer to your question was in the bit of the post you deleted.

So you reckon a 16 team league wi 3 up 3 doon would stop meaningless games. I very much doubt that. You'd still have mid table obscurity from around November December onwards. 

Better wi a play off system that gets interest beyond the top/bottom 3. 

Worth noting that 4 of the current bottom 8 are ex SPFL clubs though. 

Nothings going to change anytime soon. 

Back on topic the Rose will get stronger the more experience of the LL they get. 

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

So you reckon a 16 team league wi 3 up 3 doon would stop meaningless games...

You still don't appear to have fully grasped what was in the original post. As a Whitehill Welfare supporter you should be aware that there would in fact be 4 rather than 3 possible relegation slots at that point. At the other end of the table the scenario is less than ideal but the top four do obtain Challenge Cup entry, and Stirling Uni and East Kilbride ultimately wound up with home ties against Airdrie and Hamilton Accies this season through that. At that point there are 8 league places out of 16 (once the Celtic and Hearts B teams have been booted out once and for all at the end of this season) that would either be well worth avoiding or would provide some sort of prize. Add in about three clubs that would be likely to still be on the outer fringes of the relegation zone or the hunt for Challenge Cup qualification until close to the end of the season and you have a recipe for very few meaningless games.

Left with 20 to go and Boness were 5 up and that does not flatter them at all. Could and should have been 8 or 9 by then. Horrendous Rose performance with McPherson, McKenzie and Docherty the worst of a very bad lot.

I know we are down to the bare bones but should at least be organised and look like you give a shit.

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

.........only watched Athletic a few this season and they have some decent players.   No surprise a weakened Rose team lost.....but the margin surprised me.

As I said earlier it could and should have been a lot more.

Hope the Athletic lad who got hurt is OK. Looked a sore one.

59 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Left with 20 to go and Boness were 5 up and that does not flatter them at all. Could and should have been 8 or 9 by then. Horrendous Rose performance with McPherson, McKenzie and Docherty the worst of a very bad lot.

I know we are down to the bare bones but should at least be organised and look like you give a shit.

Some fan you walking away 😂😂

Feared the worst tonight but didn’t expect us to try go toe to toe.

Athletic we’re excellent and learnt their lesson from last time. Blew us away then sat back and didn’t let us play.

We didn’t learn our lesson and got blown away.

Going to be a long season now we know Allison, Skinner, Ogilvie and Heaver are out long term. Thom looked like he also got injured tonight too so we are bare bones now with little sign of cover coming back.

Fair play Athletic though, deserve the plaudits.

46 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Feared the worst tonight but didn’t expect us to try go toe to toe.

Athletic we’re excellent and learnt their lesson from last time. Blew us away then sat back and didn’t let us play.

We didn’t learn our lesson and got blown away.

Going to be a long season now we know Allison, Skinner, Ogilvie and Heaver are out long term. Thom looked like he also got injured tonight too so we are bare bones now with little sign of cover coming back.

Fair play Athletic though, deserve the plaudits.

Hahaha is all I say..you were warned.  Herdy is out is depth in this league 

27 minutes ago, Rubikscube said:

Hahaha is all I say..you were warned.  Herdy is out is depth in this league 

Ok, I'll bite. 6th in the league with the run of injuries we've had? The trophies over the past couple of seasons whilst gubbing the likes of Spartans in the Scottish Cup?

You're out of your depth on a football forum. 🤡