Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

On 23/06/2023 at 12:05, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You might get lucky if one of the seeds screws up in QR2, but don't keep any holidays for after QR3, is what I'm saying.

Tam McManus and the Daily Record showing a complete lack of understanding of how the conference league and Champions path works in qualifying.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-should-reach-europa-conference-30337216 

On 28/06/2023 at 10:31, realmadrid said:

Tam McManus and the Daily Record showing a complete lack of understanding of how the conference league and Champions path works in qualifying.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-should-reach-europa-conference-30337216 

How do these people get jobs in the media???? 

Hibs are unseeded in the next round so could play Brugge, AZ, Fenerbache etc. If they get through then in the playoff they could get Juventus, Frankfurt, Lille, Bilbao or Aston Villa. 

Hibs would need the kindest draw possible, plenty of luck and to play at their absolute best to get to the groups. (I hope they do by the way)

The reason teams from Estonia, Gibraltar or the Faroes are in the groups are because there is a champions route in which these teams play each other which is designed for these nations to get some representation in the groups.

1 hour ago, ahemps said:

Hibs are unseeded in the next round so could play Brugge, AZ, Fenerbache etc. If they get through then in the playoff they could get Juventus, Frankfurt, Lille, Bilbao or Aston Villa. 

Technically if Hibs got those three in the next round it would be impossible to get Juventus, Frankfurt or Lille in the play-off round as Hibs would then be seeded. 

If Hibs are to qualify, at some point they will need to beat a club ranked from Viktoria Plzen upwards on the play-off list, either in QR3 to become seeded, or in the PO round when unseeded: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedecl2023.html

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately 1 weeks notice isn’t enough for a trip for this one, hopefully the draw on Monday is kind and clear in terms of destination.

If they’re anything like Santa Coloma were when we played them in 2021 they’ll be hammer throwers with no footballing ability and we’ll walk both legs.

13 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Unfortunately 1 weeks notice isn’t enough for a trip for this one, hopefully the draw on Monday is kind and clear in terms of destination.

If they’re anything like Santa Coloma were when we played them in 2021 they’ll be hammer throwers with no footballing ability and we’ll walk both legs.

they are not as good, i'm sad and watched about 1 hr of the first leg. They have about 4 players that can control and pass, the rest are Sunday 3 pints down standard.

btw Andorra looks very nice

Don’t fancy Adana either, some good players in their team and the potential to get stabbed.

Plzen possibly the best hope given we’d be seeded + a good place to go

Arouca, I’d be delighted with because it’d be less faff with booking.

Djurgardens or Luzern would be ridiculously expensive.

I’ve been to Bucharest and it’s probably my favourite place that I’ve ever been however it’s ages away from Cluj and it’d be difficult with the potential of Turkey there I would rather avoid that one.

Tie 3 or Tie 5 please, drawmaster.

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Don’t fancy Adana either, some good players in their team and the potential to get stabbed.

Plzen possibly the best hope given we’d be seeded + a good place to go

Arouca, I’d be delighted with because it’d be less faff with booking.

Djurgardens or Luzern would be ridiculously expensive.

I’ve been to Bucharest and it’s probably my favourite place that I’ve ever been however it’s ages away from Cluj and it’d be difficult with the potential of Turkey there I would rather avoid that one.

Tie 3 or Tie 5 please, drawmaster.

I think Djurgardens or Luzern is probably our most likely chance of getting through. Plzen is an interesting one because they made it to the groups of the Champions League last year but ended up miles off the pace in the league so no idea what they’d be like. This season is only Arouca’s third back in the top flight and the last few years the Portuguese teams outside of the big 4 haven’t done very well in Europe 

1 minute ago, The Golden God said:

Stupid question time, is there a chance you get Linfield if you both get through? That would be very interesting. 

No, we're both unseeded.

I would've brought my Pope flag out for that.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

16 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

Happy enough with that football wise. Bit of a pain having to wait to be able to try book though. Stockholm would be a great trip

Flight prices already rising for Stockholm. 

11 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

They’ll drop off again unless people are deciding to book now. That tie will likely be close so would be extremely risky

Just had a quick look myself. Will hold off to next week. 

If you’re looking at flight prices do it in incognito mode, it drives up the price to do so in your normal browser.

Looking like a financial nightmare this one, having to wait 2 weeks to book and possibly the two most expensive places in Europe.

Will do my best to be there though!