Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

On 23/08/2023 at 22:53, ekok said:

If you want a model of how to do it, New Zealand Rugby. Unarguably the most successful national sports programme in the universe, ever. Kids are nurtured and coached  from pre school right  through to the highest professional level. A nation about the size of Scotland has for over a hundred years and still is the absolute benchmark for the sport they love with a vengeance. We could and should learn from them.

Isn't the New Zealand national team made mostly from guys not from New Zealand? (Like every other national rugby team)

On 26/08/2023 at 10:31, Brummie Clyde said:

For Hibs fans travelling down, would recommend drinking in the Jewellery Quarter. Lots of good pubs there.

Barton Arms is excellent and about a 20 minute walk from Villa Park, but will probably close at about 10-10.30pm on a Thursday night.

We are in Holliday St, so pretty close, ta

For Hibs fans travelling down, would recommend drinking in the Jewellery Quarter. Lots of good pubs there.

Barton Arms is excellent and about a 20 minute walk from Villa Park, but will probably close at about 10-10.30pm on a Thursday night.

What is the Arcadian Centre like?

Hibs are telling fans to be in that area before the game.

Arcadian is in the city centre. Pubs are all trendy bars (not my cup of tea).

Right by the gay area of Brum (Hurst Street) and Chinese Quarter there too.

Not too far to travel to Villa from city centre. Can get train from New Street station to either Aston or Witton (takes 5-10 minutes). Think number 7 bus runs to it (an age since I got the bus, so may have changed). 

6 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Arcadian is in the city centre. Pubs are all trendy bars (not my cup of tea).

Right by the gay area of Brum (Hurst Street) and Chinese Quarter there too.

Not too far to travel to Villa from city centre. Can get train from New Street station to either Aston or Witton (takes 5-10 minutes). Think number 7 bus runs to it (an age since I got the bus, so may have changed). 

Wonder if they'll make all fans get the train to Aston or Witton on Thursday instead of letting us walk to the ground. 

21 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

What is the Arcadian Centre like?

Hibs are telling fans to be in that area before the game.

I'd second the Jewellery Quarter over the Arcadian. I used to live in Derby and been to Birmingham a fair few times, the best pubs are definitely in the Jewellery Quarter.

This blurb is from BBC Scotland Sport site :-

"Evening!

We're already at that stage of the season where we have football every night of the week.

This should be a pretty straightforward evening for Villa though, surely?

Hibernian need something very special to progress."

No shit, Sherlock. We need the Second Coming followed by a Miracle.

18 minutes ago, Zing. said:

The fact everyone involved at Hibs watched David Marshall play like he did last season but he’s still here and getting regular starts is mental. So beyond finished.

As we've just seen.  Utter guff.