Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Update from Hunter says there's already four new players that they're waiting on the paperwork being completed from the SFA before announcing, who's up for some aimless speculation?

Young guy from Falkirk was announced as far as I recall. Can't remember the name. 

It is indeed old news.  

When Max left it was widely known Alasson would be leaving the BU's at the end of the season......as Max was paying his wages.

The BU faithful knew his last game was the cup final v EK.

The player signing for Tranent was 100% expected.

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It is indeed old news.  

When Max left it was widely known Alasson would be leaving the BU's at the end of the season......as Max was paying his wages.

The BU faithful knew his last game was the cup final v EK.

The player signing for Tranent was 100% expected.

Serious question, did Max leaving have a serious affect on the BU budget going forward for 23/24?   If he was paying for Alassan Jones wages, was he paying for others as well?  

It seems quite a bizarre situation for a manager to pay wages, guess all well and good until they leave, then it leaves a hole in the budget unless someone else steps forward.

13 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Serious question, did Max leaving have a serious affect on the BU budget going forward for 23/24?   If he was paying for Alassan Jones wages, was he paying for others as well?  

It seems quite a bizarre situation for a manager to pay wages, guess all well and good until they leave, then it leaves a hole in the budget unless someone else steps forward.

Every club max works at it’s all about his ego

14 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

He is a successful businessman. So maybe sponsoring players through his business is how he’s done it then of course it might  be tax deductible.which would be the way to do it. 
Don’t know if that’s possible.

I am not on the committee so have no knowledge of the financial arrangements.   ........but this is P&B where rumours and gossip are put forward as FACTS.  

Max not taking a wage from the BU and financing the pay for 3 players wages was the story I heard from a few sources .

Here is an actual truth that affects the budget- the BU support home and away has dropped by 50% since pre Covid days. Results, performance and style of play combined with "the Athletic factor" have caused a drop.

The BU's need a big support and big results to get a top 6 finish.

I am confident that big Hunter is the man for the job.

A lot of the more casual only a few games per season sort of interest in the club traditionally revolved around the rivalry with Linlithgow Rose and junior cup runs. One of those factors is back now and a big Scottish Cup run far enough to face one of the larger full-time clubs wouldn't do any harm either.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I am not on the committee so have no knowledge of the financial arrangements.   ........but this is P&B where rumours and gossip are put forward as FACTS.  

Max not taking a wage from the BU and financing the pay for 3 players wages was the story I heard from a few sources .

Here is an actual truth that affects the budget- the BU support home and away has dropped by 50% since pre Covid days. Results, performance and style of play combined with "the Athletic factor" have caused a drop.

I always remember the big crowds boness used to bring to camelon way back. They used to have a vocal support. Always remember when Martin mooney getting on the ball when he was at boness and the boness fans chanting mooney mooney (parody of the Rooney chants at the time). It kept slightly dwindling from those times but I think most clubs at our level are the same. I don't even think linlithgow carry the same amount of support they once had

Was sorry to hear of the passing today of Curly Robertson (from Philipston), a long time Bo'ness supporter - albeit not in recent times due to his age / health.

Edited by Auld Heid

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Don’t know you or your circumstances Dave, but from an outsider, I think you would be an excellent addition to the committee of Bo’ness Utd. Great poster on P&B; knowledgeable and care a lot about your team👍

7 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Was sorry to hear of the passing today of Curly Robertson (from Philipston), a long time Bo'ness supporter - albeit not in recent times due to his age / health.

Was he an elder brother of Ally Robertson of West Brom fame?