Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

23 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ended 0-0

1 red card and about 10 yellows in a game that had hardly any fouls !!

I counted 7 yellows and only two of those were for fouls. The rest were for 'nonsense'. Red card fully justified, looked a punch from where I was behind the goal. 

Based on today's game I'd be shocked if there are any goals on Saturday, only counted one save from each keeper all game

5 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I counted 7 yellows and only two of those were for fouls. The rest were for 'nonsense'. Red card fully justified, looked a punch from where I was behind the goal. 

Based on today's game I'd be shocked if there are any goals on Saturday, only counted one save from each keeper all game

Rose play better on real grass that's fit for football.so here's hoping for a few goals.

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It was a very scrappy game. The BU triple  substitution didn't work.  

The BU players are capable of performing a lot better than that. 

Fair to say so can the Rose players.

Thought Boness shaded the first half but the Rose were very comfortable with 10 men but overall a poor game.

Lennon best player on the pitch by a mile.

Looked a decent crowd as well 

3 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Assumed the Rose players had indigestion from too much turkey going with the number of times they went down and rolled about .

Rose brought absolutely hee haw to the game but BU couldn’t capitalise .

You do realise the big no.9 in blue was a Boness player - spent most of his time on the ground or kicking folk. Half a dozen fouls after being booked. He could easily have been sent off as should 8 for 3 times putting his hands on Allan and would like to see 7's challenge again. Looked really poor from my angle.

Edited by FuzzyBear

Just now, seenitall said:

They maybe bring a crowd but the quality and basic cheating on the field makes it more entertaining against the sides that bring nobody .

There has been posts from bu supporters saying they won't give the rose the entrance money. They boys did realise that the bu were at home today aye.

19 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Tbf I was a bit obstructed by the lack of floodlighting 👍

The red card was about 2:35pm..

Game wasn’t the best watch, subs played into The Roses hands and probably looked more threatening with 10 men.

Roll on Saturday.

1 minute ago, seenitall said:

They maybe bring a crowd but the quality and basic cheating on the field makes it more entertaining against the sides that bring nobody .

There was no quality on the field from either team. The 4 centre halves had cigars out all game, there were against nothing up top

Just now, aidan-bufc said:

The red card was about 2:35pm..

Game wasn’t the best watch, subs played into The Roses hands and probably looked more threatening with 10 men.

Roll on Saturday.

Could have done with the lights on about 2. Should just have ask for a shilling for the meter.

3 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Could have done with the lights on about 2. Should just have ask for a shilling for the meter.

Not bothered about the lights but a place to get hot food or drink on a freezing afternoon would have been good