Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

That was a really tough game today. 

The BU's ground out a win and 3 points but truth be told it could so easily have been a defeat.  Big Musa pulled off a vital penalty save to stop it going to 0-2 which was so important.  After that both teams tried to establish dominance with the BU's taking a late goal to snatch the points.

Lots of puff and effort by the BU's today.   There were a few mistakes today but the team stuck together and got the points.   

Tough games lie ahead, let's enjoy the Victory.

If you had offered bu second at this time of the season at the start they would have bitten your hand of just need to keep it going in hunts we trust roll on next week 

Good win today with so many regulars missing. Don’t want to get hopes up just yet with a difficult run up to the end of the season, but does anyone know if the top four teams entry to the Challenge Cup includes the “b” teams? 

3 minutes ago, Costa Crookies said:

Good win today with so many regulars missing. Don’t want to get hopes up just yet with a difficult run up to the end of the season, but does anyone know if the top four teams entry to the Challenge Cup includes the “b” teams? 

B teams league finish is not counted within LL final standings as far as I’m aware 

34 minutes ago, NewtonBU said:

B teams league finish is not counted within LL final standings as far as I’m aware 

Don’t be surprised if the SPFL withdraw the invitations to the Challenge Cup next season.

Will be interested to see the first penalty on highlights as although it looked a stick on , Musa’s objections to the referee would suggest otherwise .

Not a player that would normally remonstrate that much .

Did the player run into goalkeeper ? We will see .

Otherwise , it was a decent display with a limited squad against what are a difficult team to beat normally .

Hard fought win yesterday, always a good feeling to get a winner late on, not so much when it is against you. we weren’t great, but we kept going to the end.

we now have 57 points, with 5 games to go. This beats last seasons total of 54 points after 36 games. Well done Hunts and Gemmell. Extra incentive to get a result next Saturday, if my maths are correct. Should Colts and Tranent draw (good result for us) and EK beat us, I think they have won the league. Let’s not make that happen.

20 hours ago, Costa Crookies said:

You are pretty much a shoe in.

Cant see it being anyone other than EK, Bo’ness, Cumbernauld and Tranent now.

2 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

You are pretty much a shoe in.

Cant see it being anyone other than EK, Bo’ness, Cumbernauld and Tranent now.

I had a look at the remaining fixtures for those 4 + Albion Rovers and the Rose.    Still lots of tricky games ahead for all the teams.

Excluding the B teams I predict it will be

1) East Kilbride

2) Cumbernauld Colts

3) Tranent

4) Boness United.

Rose or Albion will challenge us for 4th place but I think we can just keep ahead of them.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I had a look at the remaining fixtures for those 4 + Albion Rovers and the Rose.    Still lots of tricky games ahead for all the teams.

Excluding the B teams I predict it will be

1) East Kilbride

2) Cumbernauld Colts

3) Tranent

4) Boness United.

Rose or Albion will challenge us for 4th place but I think we can just keep ahead of them.

If we had a full squad I’d agree but we are down to the bare bones and too inconsistent as a result. McMullan getting injured has been a huge blow when he was leading and dragging us to wins.

We also have 3 of the top 6 to play. Fair enough at home and I can see us getting the odd result but not all three.

I reckon AR will pip us to 7th too with their run of form.

14 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Decent day for a trip to East Kilbride.

Mon the BU's !!

Will be an even tougher game with EK having an extra incentive on the 3 points today - would be good to spoil/delay the party.

Hopefully we manage to take an impressive 3 cars full through today.

1 hour ago, aidan-bufc said:

Will be an even tougher game with EK having an extra incentive on the 3 points today - would be good to spoil/delay the party.

Hopefully we manage to take an impressive 3 cars full through today.

Thatl be 2 more than they take to away games 😁