Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Guess who’s taking it well and definitely not making things up….

Yep, you got it in one!

IMG_1396.jpeg

IMG_1394.gif

I’ve taken my kids to 10+ games this season and I’d rather they can play and support freely than listen to these blackened fannies.

Fucking nonsense this ultra stuff. 

6 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I’m honestly not. I’ve read your post this year and I’m not sure you guys really like the style though it is effective.

It’s sore on the eyes but it works. Like us under Baikie. You are better than that and you know it!

We were very direct yesterday, but Hunter likes to switch the style depending on the opponent / pitch.

I'll admit it can frustrate me a times because you know how good we can be when we get it down and play, but can't fault the results.

43 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

We were very direct yesterday, but Hunter likes to switch the style depending on the opponent / pitch.

I'll admit it can frustrate me a times because you know how good we can be when we get it down and play, but can't fault the results.

The first half we were very direct and it was a sore watch tbh. Second half we mixed it up a bit and it definitely paid dividends. If that was down to Hunter and the coaching team then fair play to them because it made the difference.

9 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I’m honestly not. I’ve read your post this year and I’m not sure you guys really like the style though it is effective.

It’s sore on the eyes but it works. Like us under Baikie. You are better than that and you know it!

Well I can assure you that’s not how BU have played all year, but the “punt and run” tactic somewhat did the job yesterday. Horses for courses etc…

8 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I’ve taken my kids to 10+ games this season and I’d rather they can play and support freely than listen to these blackened fannies.

Fucking nonsense this ultra stuff. 

Totally agree with this. I mean I’m all for having “ultras” in the sense of adding a bit of atmosphere at games, the Ultras 1876 have been fantastic at the Falkirk stadium this year for example. However, the type that turned up “representing” Linlithgow yesterday all blacked out with their faces covered up are the utter dregs - Nothing but thick moronic halfwits, shitebags and cowards.

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Well I can assure you that’s not how BU have played all year, but the “punt and run” tactic somewhat did the job yesterday. Horses for courses etc…

Totally agree with this. I mean I’m all for having “ultras” in the sense of adding a bit of atmosphere at games, the Ultras 1876 have been fantastic at the Falkirk stadium this year for example. However, the type that turned up “representing” Linlithgow yesterday all blacked out with their faces covered up are the utter dregs - Nothing but thick moronic halfwits, shitebags and cowards.

A bit much that. They’re young boys who tried to get into the football to watch their local team. Assuming they did something wrong not to get into the game but we were all young and stupid once right?

54 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Think we should leave it to our rivals to sort that out , we too have had our share in the past .

Was across the park from BU young yins , but they seemed to be enjoying and behaving .

5 hours ago, aidan-bufc said:

A bit much that. They’re young boys who tried to get into the football to watch their local team. Assuming they did something wrong not to get into the game but we were all young and stupid once right?

Hey sir! Just for the avoidance of doubt...

* They weren't Rose fans and haven't been to a game all season - they were there to cause bother, hence the balaclavas

* They refused to pay to get into the game after trying to get in for free - while it is free entry for u16s, they must be with a paying adult

* Having been refused entry to the ground (for free), they hung about for nearly two hours outside to try and fight with people leaving the ground at the end of the game

I don't speak for the club but clowns like that shouldn't be made welcome. I thought the Bo'ness fans were a credit to their club yesterday and helped to create a great atmosphere, something this league desperately needs at more games.

12 hours ago, aidan-bufc said:

This👇

7 hours ago, UpInTheStand said:

Hey sir! Just for the avoidance of doubt...

* They weren't Rose fans and haven't been to a game all season - they were there to cause bother, hence the balaclavas

* They refused to pay to get into the game after trying to get in for free - while it is free entry for u16s, they must be with a paying adult

* Having been refused entry to the ground (for free), they hung about for nearly two hours outside to try and fight with people leaving the ground at the end of the game

I don't speak for the club but clowns like that shouldn't be made welcome. I thought the Bo'ness fans were a credit to their club yesterday and helped to create a great atmosphere, something this league desperately needs at more games.

Spot on.

The decisions are made by hunts and Michael that's way they are the management team they are still learning they must be doing some thing right in hunts we trust and Michael

20 hours ago, boheesian said:

Just remembered a pre-season prediction by non other than Auld - crystal ball - Heid that it was a given the Rose would take 6 points of the BU’s.  Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

He genuinely needs to seek help. Football makes him not well.

Also, not a single comment on the Lithgy thread yesterday or most of the past week. They’ve deserted their team already 😂

Edited by 8MileBU

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fitbaw is back !!

Weather looks OK for the trip to Dumbarton.

Mon the BU's !!!

Jinxed it.

Friendly vs Sauchie at Newtown Park now.

BU 1 Sauchie 0 was the result of the friendly.   Fin Malcolm worked hard to close down the keeper and it led to an error that Tom Grant scored from.

Ridiculously windy but I thought both teams and the officials did well in the tricky conditions. 

The 90 mins today will help the boys get ready for the game v Hearts B on Friday night.