Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

30 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Ignoring the lame fishing attempt, any club would have to fork out at least 10k.

not fishing for anything , asking if  there's any truth as that's what i heard from a bonnyrigg supporter

Doesn’t surprise me there’s interest in him but we forked out a fair bit for him and he’s contracted till 2025, so it would have to be a substantial amount of money Bonnyrigg would have to bid 

2 hours ago, shush10 said:

not fishing for anything , asking if  there's any truth as that's what i heard from a bonnyrigg supporter

They're a thin skinned lot the Bo'ness lot.  

Probably the realisation the that Athletic express is going to overhaul them.

5 hours ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Doesn’t surprise me there’s interest in him but we forked out a fair bit for him and he’s contracted till 2025, so it would have to be a substantial amount of money Bonnyrigg would have to bid 

Was on their doorstep but obviously not interested prior to him coming to us if that’s the case.

Would be surprised if the big Rose were in for Porteous, and I might be the biggest Porteous apologist out here. Put up great numbers but was underwhelming for much of the season. That said I'd be keen for him to stay as if he keeps up the numbers and pushes on this season he could be a cracking player.

Porteous for me drifts in and out of games too often.  There IS a player in there.  He has the touch, the strength, the skill, the finish and a few tricks ............... he just needs to work harder during games. 

Look past Ryan’s running style, which is deceptive and gives the impression of not putting enough effort and you will see he is a top performer for us. Leading goal scorer, assists, wins high balls and must be the most fouled player in the team, winning most of the free kicks in the final third, tracking back and covering. No surprise if he is attracting attention from higher leagues. He would be a huge loss.

The the last three posts sum up probably why the management team wanted him. Just need to get a decent striker plus an attacking midfielder and maybe we’ll get more out of Porteous as so much was expected of him with the big price ticket.

On 19/05/2024 at 22:48, Quentin Taranbino said:

Sandy Cunningham and Sean Heaver - both ex binos. Great strike force 

There were a number of our fans who wanted to keep Heaver in League 2 last season so he has fallen way down the leagues now. 

100 odd fans for that level and for a brand new team is pretty decent I would say.

I would question any attendance figures they give. Also, many in attendance are family/friends of the players. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

6 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I am sure that our back up goalie Jack Ruddy is signed on for next season.

Having said that would still expect the BU's to get another keeper for next season.

I would hope so, don't want to write a guy off but Ruddy doesn't inspire confidence...

3 hours ago, seenitall said:

So in SPFL trust trophy we will draw a B team to be played 30/31 July .

Seems a bit iffy how they came up with the Lowland entrants though .

Not sure the reason for both the teams invited and why they have to play B teams.

3 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

I would hope so, don't want to write a guy off but Ruddy doesn't inspire confidence...

Agreed he hasn’t looked too great in the games he’s played but at least the coaching team have had a chance to get a decent look at him and see if he’s the man for next season.