Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Arnie said:

Great result and a lot off outstanding individual performances 

Well said Arnie, it was a great result, which most of us hoped for but weren’t over confident about. As you said a lot of outstanding performances but I’d make a special mention for Musa, he was fantastic, Gemmell who must have covered every inch of the park and Irvine, who wasn’t well known to the BU support before the game but looked as if he had been playing every game.

Sitting with a glass of red wine and feeling good !!!

9 minutes ago, Costa Crookies said:

I was just thinking you had to be there last week to appreciate today’s performance.WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!

Well we did start with our first choice keeper - who kept us in the game, I know that’s his job. Rutherford back at left back- rather injury prone, but McAulay is a more than capable replacement.

Darvel moved the ball about well hitting the post and as previously said Musa at his best kept us in the game. We grew into the game in the second - half and Stenhouse took his goal well then a great cross from McAulay was duly converted by Stevenson.. 

I sponsor a player every season and last season it was Jamie Hamilton(injured) and this one it’s Rutherford (injury prone)

next season I’ll sponsor the corner flags

3 minutes ago, dolly said:

Well said Arnie, it was a great result, which most of us hoped for but weren’t over confident about. As you said a lot of outstanding performances but I’d make a special mention for Musa, he was fantastic, Gemmell who must have covered every inch of the park and Irvine, who wasn’t well known to the BU support before the game but looked as if he had been playing every game.

Sitting with a glass of red wine and feeling good !!!

Ditto but had a beer first.

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Great result Bo’ness, the Lowland League is clearly not as weak as some of the WOS folks would have you believe. 👏

Haven't checked the response from certain posters to what St Andrews United did to Auchinleck Talbot yet. That could be amusing. Seems to be a bit of a changing of the guard underway in the west. Reality is that the top end of the LL has been very strong for a while so the idea Darvel were strong favourites for this game definitely seemed off.

I went along to the game today with my son. I thought Bo'ness were well worth their victory today. 

Some decent defending once the back 5 settled down and the keeper kept the score level with some good saves. 

Didn't seem to be too many complaints from Darvel when the penalty was awarded, looked a stonewaller even from the other end of the ground. Great save by the keeper again early in the second half to keep the score at 1-0.

Nice run by the big no 9 (Dalziel?) to make the space for the no 7 to run into and strike the ball low and hard into the corner though the keeper seemed to go down in instalments. 

The 3rd goal was well worked and there's just something about a move that results in one full back crossing and the other full back scoring

Hoping Bo'ness get a home draw in the next round as I would love to go back. 

It was also really good to see the number of kids on the pitch at half time, is that a normal thing? 

Edited by FK1Bairn
Shocking spelling!

54 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I went along to the game today with my son. I thought Bo'ness were well worth their victory today. 

Some decent defending once the back 5 settled down and the keeper kept the score level with some good saves. 

Didn't seem to be too many complaints from Darvel when the penalty was awarded, looked a stonewaller even from the other end of the ground. Great save by the keeper again early in the second half to keep the score at 1-0.

Nice run by the big no 9 (Dalziel?) to make the space for the no 7 to run into and strike the ball low and hard into the corner though the keeper seemed to go down in instalments. 

The 3rd goal was well worked and there's just something about a move that results in one full back crossing and the other full back scoring

Hoping Bo'ness get a home draw in the next round as I would love to go back. 

It was also really good to see the number of kids on the pitch at half time, is that a normal thing? 

The community club kids are there only occasionally 

Danny Irving who arrived at start of season from Civil Service Strollers was playing at centrehalfs.   He is a right back who can play in midfield.  Not tall or strong but he won his battles and dovetailed well with Hawkeye. Always in the right place at the right time.

Edited by Deanburn Dave