Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

5 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Why all this chit chat about this that and the other. We are in the 3rd round and that’s all that matters. What we get from this tie is irrelevant it is something to give us extra income end off.

Strange post that we shouldn’t broaden the conversation to include more than just strictly talking about the games.  I think income from a cup run for clubs at our level is hugely important.

Just now, boheesian said:

Why all this chit chat about this that and the other. We are in the 3rd round and that’s all that matters. What we get from this tie is irrelevant it is something to give us income end off.

That's what I was thinking.   Let's just concentrate on "the Fitbaw".

For some of the BU players the Morton tie may be the only game they ever play against a Tier 2 team in their careers. It could be their peak. Let the players and club enjoy the day. 

33 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

....For some of the BU players the Morton tie may be the only game they ever play against a Tier 2 team in their careers. It could be their peak. Let the players and club enjoy the day. 

Given Morton aren't doing that well this season it's a game where an upset isn't completely unthinkable. 

The bit of money is a nice added extra, but it's great to still be in the cup and have a decent away day different from the usual for the fans.

Morton have been very long ball heavy this season, there's every chance in their currently form that the team can make it a competitive game.

There's a video on YouTube from the Luncarty v BU game. 

Captures perfectly the Luncarty throw in that goes straight into the net.  Hawkeye could have headed it clear but ducks out of it.  Musa could have got a hand to it but just lets it go into the net. 

Result is no goal, byekick for the BU's.  

Musa and Hawkeye are two cool cucumbers !!

34 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Great film , well done , enjoyable watch and totally agree about the steak pies , better than the fitbaw.

dude did a good job and i will look at more of his stuff 

I thought it was an enjoyable cup tie on Saturday and with a bit of luck Luncarty could have won that

The difference in the divisions showed in the end but it Bo'ness will hope to do to Morton what Luncarty did to them on Saturday. Luncarty had a really good spell at the start of the second half but just could not score

With regard to the long throw goal, it was so close to touching so many people but did go directly in. I dont normally take my camera to games but had been covering a local running festival in the morning so got these shots of the no goal.

399267464_10160659788764933_243647359892

398220605_10160659788834933_213799589693

On 25/09/2023 at 19:32, Deanburn Dave said:

Post was the Luncarty league record this season (FACT) and an opinion that "as away games go this is a good draw.".   

I have seen the BU's slip up v several teams that on paper we should have beat but despite that I still think for an away tie in the Scottish Cup it is a good draw.......could have been a lot worse.

Guess we were both correct

You got into the next round but Luncarty ran you close on the day.

No reason you cannot nick a result at Morton.

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

With regard to the long throw goal, it was so close to touching so many people but did go directly in. I dont normally take my camera to games but had been covering a local running festival in the morning so got these shots of the no goal.

I like how the cheating Luncarty number 8 tries to claim it hit his head when it was about a foot above him.