Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

10 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

...........There’s not that much of a gap........

I don't think there is much between the teams from 2nd to about 12th.  Its why the Lowland League has so many competitive matches.  

7 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I don't think there is much between the teams from 2nd to about 12th.  Its why the Lowland League has so many competitive matches.  

Dave the rose thought they would turn up  to the lowland league and stroll it cause the beat a couple of teams in cup games  

Just now, Arnie said:

Dave the rose thought they would turn up  to the lowland league and stroll it cause the beat a couple of teams in cup games  

You're making stuff up mate 

2 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Don't think I saw anyone saying that.  We've done ok despite crippling injury list.  Gloat away though.

9 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Haha. You are fishing hard here.

What we are is probably the best of the teams outside the top 6.

EK the best, the next 5 physical then us.

if we get a team playing football we’ll be more than a match to punt and run but it’ll take time. I just hope we don’t resort to that style of play to try compete.

Not a great game, but a win is a win. Not a great wee rose team compared to years gone by. Thought Hunter did well at half time, the switch to back 4 was the right thing to do, though why Lithgie changed to the long ball was beyond me. Tranent loosing again makes it a good weekend for us. 1-1 at half time was a fair result, but we definitely deserved the win. But that’s 5 games without a win for the rose, and I can see why if they play like that. Both teams were no angels today, but the rose were lucky to finish with ten men. 3 games left, onwards and upwards. 

41 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Haha. You are fishing hard here.

What we are is probably the best of the teams outside the top 6.

EK the best, the next 5 physical then us.

if we get a team playing football we’ll be more than a match to punt and run but it’ll take time. I just hope we don’t resort to that style of play to try compete.

And you’re fishing hard with the “physical” and “punt and run” stuff. 

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Exactly, their goal came from a route one.long throw in. Dave’s summed it up…wasn’t much in the game but Boness have shown this season they are the better team and managed to get the win 

1 hour ago, Costa Crookies said:

Not a great game, but a win is a win. Not a great wee rose team compared to years gone by. Thought Hunter did well at half time, the switch to back 4 was the right thing to do, though why Lithgie changed to the long ball was beyond me. Tranent loosing again makes it a good weekend for us. 1-1 at half time was a fair result, but we definitely deserved the win. But that’s 5 games without a win for the rose, and I can see why if they play like that. Both teams were no angels today, but the rose were lucky to finish with ten men. 3 games left, onwards and upwards. 

Agree with much of this, however I'd add that today's game was played by 2 very ordinary teams, with the Beggars probably just about deserved the win. 

Congratulations on your win today - you're having a great season but we'll be coming for you next year, don't you worry! 🙂

We need games like this in this league rather than against the likes of Broomhill, who bring four fans - it was a great atmosphere even though I was gutted with the final result.

That was fucking satisfying. Not often we win over the hill so lovely to enjoy with a last minute winner!

As @UpInTheStand says it was everything the Lowland League has missed, proper rivalry and great fun for us today, hopefully something that in the next few years we won't be short of at all.

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m honestly not. I’ve read your post this year and I’m not sure you guys really like the style though it is effective.

It’s sore on the eyes but it works. Like us under Baikie. You are better than that and you know it!