Well hello League 1. Happy GTF Day.

Moonwalk GIFs | Tenor

Back here sooner than hoped after a monumental collapse under Hartley. A lot has changed in a year, time to rebuild and see how we get on in L1 again; this time with a hybrid setup.

Should be a competitive league from start to finish I'd imagine. 4 new clubs into a division always adds some mystery. Our chances of any kind of success will be dictated by our recruitment, won't have much of our existing squad left over as I expect a few are still to leave. 

Already looking forward to some away days.

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

What happened to QOS last season? Poor signings? Gibson leaving? Combination? I figured you guys would bounce right back to Championship

Much more confident this time around?

Things only started to look slightly promising after Gibson left. The long and short of it was he was out of his depth. Be interesting to see if he gets back into it at a decent level. A large portion of the signings weren't good enough. Thankfully MB has got shot of the majority of them. With any luck he can identify a player better than WG. 

15 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

... a first trip to Dumfries since March 2011.

What, you haven't been to Palmy in 12 years?  I think the extent of the stadium redevelopment and upgrades might quite take your breath away ... 🙂

21 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Hello League One fans 🙂

Anyone care to give a summary of what we can expect from the existing league one supporters on this forum?

Who has the soundest fans?

Peterhead.

Looking forward to revisiting old grounds,a new one in Kelty and some good,decent priced grub compared to what we had to suffer the last 15+ years home and away bar a few exceptions.

As for the football,the club are still at war with the fans and vice-versa, so it could go any way.The way the club has been mismanaged from Alan Maitland and McGowan sees us where we are and we could sink even further.

I was looking forward to seeing some of our fantastic Under 18's who are the best in the land,won The Elite League thrashing the Old Firm in the process  but one has joined Leeds(Josh McDonald)another about to join Norwich(Gabe Forsyth)and Ryan One also touted for a move.

The only certainty is the incoming transfer fees plus that for Ryan Fulton,if he goes to Portsmouth won't go into "The Football Department".

Oh how I wish we could get rid of these leeches and get Owners in who care about the club and the fans and just be a normal Football Club again.

On 05/06/2023 at 10:53, Quentin Taranbino said:

What happened to QOS last season? Poor signings? Gibson leaving? Combination? I figured you guys would bounce right back to Championship

Much more confident this time around?

This may well have been answered already.  However last close season saw a somewhat random and scattergun approach to signings, and was all done relatively quickly.  A number of these signings proved not to be good enough, at which point he panicked and brought in more players.  Most of these turned out not to be good enough either.  End result was a top heavy and unbalanced squad.  After Gibsons departure things started to pick up a little.  Thankfully MB has managed to get rid of a good number of these players, and we should see a different team next season.  Difficult to predict how we will fare at this stage as there are still players to come in.  Early signs are encouraging though.

It has been a while since QOS and Stirling have played each other, and I am looking forward to the away trip.  Are there any decent watering holes in fairly close proximity to the ground?