Dundee United 23/24

5 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Tramp from Greenock looking for something to do.. please ignore him. And don’t be too harsh .. he is a special boy.

Well I give due cognisance  to your kind 'special boy comment and in the same breath relinquish you to the canal from where you slithered.

You're Welcome (not to be confused with a Dundee...Thank You).

45 minutes ago, captainkev said:

The growing apathy amongst the support is a real danger though.

This is something Ogren has to realise. I never bothered about the game tonight, looked in after the 90 to see the score, wasn't surprised and went back to my pint.

I'm still of a mind that Goodwin was apponted on a long deal back in March, probably by Asghar, and Ogren is too stubborn to realise his shortcomings. 'His' could apply to Goodwin, Asghar or Ogren, or any combination.

Just now, TONTROOPER said:

Well I give due cognisance  to your kind 'special boy comment and in the same breath relinquish you to the canal from where you slithered.

You're Welcome (not to be confused with a Dundee...Thank You).

Do ye aye.. that’s lovely I’m sure your carer will be along to tuck you in shortly.

They should take your phone off ye incase you keep trying to act like smart by using words like “ cognisance “ and “ relinquish”  which have absolutely no context in this discussion 😂. Ya absolute weapon 🤣.

24 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

The one thing I did notice tonight was the subtle change of narrative that this is pre-season and it's all about getting people game time, which is a far cry from "This is a competition I take seriously and want to do well in".

I've got no problem with this at all. I'd be happy for us to lose all four games IF there was some signs of progress, and in the first half I could see it - just a little.

For fifteen minutes we played some good fitba. That was it though. Fifteen minutes. Maybe we are a work in progress, but I really ain't optimistic.

I'm certainly not on the sack train yet though - and I would wager I was the most opposed person in the world to Goodwin getting the job on a full-time basis. Why? Because it kinda is pre-season and you really can't judge on that. Also, who has any faith that those in charge wouldn't go and hire someone even worse?

My major concern is the signings. They just don't sell Championship winning additions to me...

Docherty - I'm sorry, but he's just a budget Sibbald. If he was just a squad option, fine, but somehow he's captain.

Grimshaw - I can't judge, but I thought he was coming in as a RB and Freeman is playing ahead of him.

Holt - I thought was actually ok. Not good, but ok.

Denham - God awful. Only a kid, so maybe it was just one of those games.

Walton - Fine. Not much to judge on yet. 

Moult - Better option through the middle than Watt - if he can stay fit.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

United will come good...admittedly probably later in the season.

Morton will be offering a greater challenge than puffball Thistle.

I 

Such a cheeky wee man, come on now it’s getting late. Off to bed, very late.

2 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Do ye aye.. that’s lovely I’m sure your carer will be along to tuck you in shortly.

They should take your phone off ye incase you keep trying to act like smart by using words like “ cognisance “ and “ relinquish”  which have absolutely no context in this discussion 😂. Ya absolute weapon 🤣.

Clearly......you have no understanding of the term 'context'....now slither away....theres a good jagsnake.

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I've got no problem with this at all. I'd be happy for us to lose all four games IF there was some signs of progress, and in the first half I could see it - just a little.

For fifteen minutes we played some good fitba. That was it though. Fifteen minutes. Maybe we are a work in progress, but I really ain't optimistic.

I'm certainly not on the sack train yet though - and I would wager I was the most opposed person in the world to Goodwin getting the job on a full-time basis. Why? Because it kinda is pre-season and you really can't judge on that. Also, who has any faith that those in charge wouldn't go and hire someone even worse?

My major concern is the signings. They just don't sell Championship winning additions to me...

Docherty - I'm sorry, but he's just a budget Sibbald. If he was just a squad option, fine, but somehow he's captain.

Grimshaw - I can't judge, but I thought he was coming in as a RB and Freeman is playing ahead of him.

Holt was one of my favourite's for his consistency, he was poor tonight but he will definitely improve. Was gutted to lose him. 

Docherty being Made captain was a shock to me.. he’s not influential enough. Goes missing too often.

1 minute ago, Thistle4eva said:

Holt was one of my favourite's for his consistency, he was poor tonight but he will definitely improve. Was gutted to lose him. 

Docherty being Made captain was a shock to me.. he’s not influential enough. Goes missing too often.

Emmm ..... are you hallucinating .... these guys left your club in the summer I believe.

11 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

That sounds like a fair assessment tbh

10 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

When he signed it was being talked about as a midfielder. Looks like Grimshaw himself wants to play midfield..

Needs to play RB and Freeman needs taken out of the firing line & worked on behind the scenes to get the player back of a couple years ago.

3 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Emmm ..... are you hallucinating .... these guys left your club in the summer I believe.

More of a bigger club discussion lad. This isn’t for you, or any of the other special children of Greenock. Now kindly f**k off to bed.

1 minute ago, chattyman said:

Some fans just have affection for average players sadly

Oh I would never say Holt and Docherty were average players....I saw Thistle 4 times last season. I rate Holt over Docherty.IMHO.

2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Oh I would never say Holt and Docherty were average players....I saw Thistle 4 times last season. I rate Holt over Docherty.IMHO.

Holt is better than Docherty but there is a reason they are where they are, average and will be nothing more.

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

When he signed it was being talked about as a midfielder. Looks like Grimshaw himself wants to play midfield..

Needs to play RB and Freeman needs taken out of the firing line & worked on behind the scenes to get the player back of a couple years ago.

Grimshaw took about 2 months to settle at Cappielow. He turned out to be as efficient and quality at RB as midfield.Give him time.