Dundee United 23/24

5 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Another RB is needed, I love Sheep to bits but he needs some time out the firing line he looks absolutely shot.

Agreed. I also like Freeman but he was very poor even when Goodwin first came in and dropped Smith which had been overdue for a while. There's been no sign of improvement in the League Cup games and now, playing at lower level, in his short spell today he looked like a clear weakness in our team. He wasn't on the ball defensively and seemed terrified to go forward which is meant to be one of the main advantages of having him on the park.

I'd like to see an additional option for RB because right now I don't feel very confident about depending on him should Grimshaw become unavailable for any length of time.

12 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

We really really need a fairly mobile target man as a foil to Watt and Moult.

Another RB is needed, I love Sheep to bits but he needs some time out the firing line he looks absolutely shot.

Wonder of Stephen O'Donnell is available?

O donnell is getting a game for Motherwell

Thought we were pretty good for 25 minutes and dominated till Freeman went off. Was happy when he went off as thought Meekison & Grimshaw would be stronger but from that point on we pretty much lost the midfield. 

I like the back 5 we have when Grimshaw is in but for that we really need Docherty in Midfield. 

Watt worked away well but was shot by 60 mins. Glass and Fotheringham gave us a much needed boost and both offered a lot more although probably came on 10 mins too late.We were definitely much better from that point.  Fotheringham's ability to cut inside and link up opens up a lot of space for Mcmann who I thought was putting the ball in far too early. Would like to have seen him really drive to the byline more and drill it in. There was a lot of nothing balls floated into Moult and Cudjoe who had no chance of doing anything the pace they were coming in at. 

Grimshaw can easily cover right back but with him there we are short in Midfield if one of Sibbald or Docherty is out playing a 4231 . I like Meekison/Glass/Mochrie but they are all pretty much the same player and would fit much better into a 4141 but Watt doesnt really have the legs to fit into that as one of the middle 2. 

I want to see the young guys play in this league so not desperate to bring guys in bar cover for Moult possibly.

14 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Right Back Michael Smith still hasn't gotten a club since leaving Hearts. He played a decent amount last season so they should still a good player for us despite being 35 next season.

Would be kinda hilarious to have punted Liam Smith just to bring in Michael Smith.

On 12/08/2023 at 20:29, ArabianKnight said:

We really really need a fairly mobile target man as a foil to Watt and Moult.

Wonder of Stephen O'Donnell is available?

If Moult and Watt don't win you the league alone then something has gone far wrong with the management of the team. 

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

If Moult and Watt don't win you the league alone then something has gone far wrong with the management of the team. 

Yeah, we shouldn’t bother fielding XI players in future just these two.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

You reckon they'll install VAR in the lower leagues next season? I'm unsure. 

On the off chance you are still in the premier and start a groundshare with Arbroath or Forfar etc you mean?

7 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

On the off chance you are still in the premier and start a groundshare with Arbroath or Forfar etc you mean?

Wait a minute, is the New Campie not going to be completed in time for the 2024/25 season?  I’m shocked to learn that!

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Wait a minute, is the New Campie not going to be completed in time for the 2024/25 season?  I’m shocked to learn that!

To be fair it is only six years since they announced it. I'm sure there'll be something more substantive than some drawings within the next decade.