Dundee United 23/24

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Chalmers joining Ayr on loan for the last season of his contract means he's out the door in effect.

Surely now there's going to be at least 2 or 3 signings.

According to Alan Temple  it is a right back and central midfielder we are after with potentially one more. I'd suggest we need someone to plaay with/cover for Moult too.

If we go to a back 5 in a league in which we want to win then Goodwin, the board, Ogren, the coaches, the laptop shaggers, the tea lady and the bus driver can all get to f**k.

Replacement for Sibbald, a right back and cover / foil for Moult and a winger please.

Under the Fat Tony/Liam Fox regime everyone knew we needed a defensive midfielder and that the goal was chronic other than those in charge.

Everyone knows we need cover for Moult and that Freeman is not very good.  I hope the present regime know this too and will act on it.

Think I'd be tempted to go with Denholm at right back. For all that he was bullied against both Spartans and Thistle at centre half, he does look like a very tidy player with a good range of passing. Maybe too much of an ask to throw him into midfield alongside Meekison, when Meekison is also not great defensively. Alternatively, maybe Grimshaw and Denholm in the middle with Bisland at right back? 

6 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Think I'd be tempted to go with Denholm at right back. For all that he was bullied against both Spartans and Thistle at centre half, he does look like a very tidy player with a good range of passing. Maybe too much of an ask to throw him into midfield alongside Meekison, when Meekison is also not great defensively. Alternatively, maybe Grimshaw and Denholm in the middle with Bisland at right back? 

Its reassuring that 3 games into a season we're already at the tombola stage of team selection.