Dundee United 23/24

New poster too. Long term loiterer on p&b forums but thought I’d try posting too.  Be kind.

I thought United were decent today.  Think we’ll have a lot of ‘were Dundee United very good or were ‘insert team’ very bad?’ questions this season.  Balance of our side now looks night and day versus last season, which is massive for us. I think we are pretty good.

Would still like to see us be more clinical though - 0-0 at half time was a bit annoying after early pressure and chances, but when we play higher energy pressing football, then it seems to then open up the game to let our (imo superior) quality show.

Pressed more in the second half and it worked a treat, more of this please. A work in progress clearly but there's a pretty strong spine to the team in Holt, Gallagher, Docherty and Moult. Keep those four match fit and I'd be fairly confident of getting back up at the first time of asking.

13 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Pressed more in the second half and it worked a treat, more of this please. A work in progress clearly but there's a pretty strong spine to the team in Holt, Gallagher, Docherty and Moult. Keep those four match fit and I'd be fairly confident of getting back up at the first time of asking.

Yes those 4 and the keeper have made a big difference, decent players but strong characters as well.  Could have done with them last season!

Same 11 next week IMO.

41 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Yes those 4 and the keeper have made a big difference, decent players but strong characters as well.  Could have done with them last season!

Same 11 next week IMO.

Not gonna lie, wrote Holt off as Dens Park landfill but turns out he's the new Davie Narey, not to get too carried away.

3 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Same 11 next week IMO.

If we’d had a decent keeper last season we’d still be in the premiership.

On to Airdrie at Tannadice…

They must be a decent team, strong start to the season with four wins out of four in ViaPlay Cup including a win against Dundee and have beaten Partick and ICT in the league. I did notice that one of their key midfielders was sent off yesterday so will be unavailable against us. 

Given our start to the season and being at home, I’d back us for the win but it won’t be easy. 

16 hours ago, UtdFan said:

New to this site - first post - hello all. Another good result today! Stats looked like it was one way traffic too. 👍

14 hours ago, foxinperu said:

New poster too. Long term loiterer on p&b forums but thought I’d try posting too.  Be kind.

I thought United were decent today.  Think we’ll have a lot of ‘were Dundee United very good or were ‘insert team’ very bad?’ questions this season.  Balance of our side now looks night and day versus last season, which is massive for us. I think we are pretty good.

Would still like to see us be more clinical though - 0-0 at half time was a bit annoying after early pressure and chances, but when we play higher energy pressing football, then it seems to then open up the game to let our (imo superior) quality show.

Typical glory hunters, where were you two in the bad times eh?

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Typical glory hunters, where were you two in the bad times eh?

Morning!  I can’t work out if you’re on the wind up or not?

Which particular bad times are you referring to?  I mean I was probably going to the games, but not posting on P&B.  
Thanks for the kind welcome though.

we were excellent yesterday. Controlled from the first minute and the captain back was a big boost. I have only seen a couple of posts but anyone saying young Declan in the middle was poor yesterday clearly watched a different game than me!! I thought he was excellent. Final ball could have been better at times but that will come with game time! First league start since Hibs away if I’m correct? Also can take a corner without hitting the first man. Great overall performance as a team.