Dundee United 23/24

5 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Well, we're only fucked if we're relying on Moult to score all the goals. Which I don't think we are.

No we’re not but he’ll likely be our top scorer and if he’s out for any length of time I’d want someone more suited to his role than Watt to come in for him.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

No we’re not but he’ll likely be our top scorer and if he’s out for any length of time I’d want someone more suited to his role than Watt to come in for him.

Sure, I'd rather we had better cover for Moult too but there's a distance between "I'd rather" and "we're fucked".

3 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Is this new info? As Goodwin pretty much said we’d failed to land our targets yesterday and not expecting anything today

I believe both would be a loan signing but it's one or the other and not both. Both play down south. I don't have names 

24 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Good news for boo boys, and fans who like to sap confidence from specific players: Kieran Freeman has recovered from injury and is available for selection tomorrow.

That’s a very strange post.  I know a few Arabs who question Freeman’s ability as a player and who would prefer him not to be on the park but none of them would boo him.

I cannot imagine any/many P&B Arabs who would boo him either.

12 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Well I for one hope Sheep is on the park tomorrow and has a blinding game.

The talent and application is there somewhere inside him, laddies head must be burst with all the stick he's had. If his heads in the game he'll boss it.

He is 👌 

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s a very strange post.  I know a few Arabs who question Freeman’s ability as a player and who would prefer him not to be on the park but none of them would boo him.

I cannot imagine any/many P&B Arabs who would boo him either.

It's a perfectly valid swipe at the fairly significant amount of United fans who take a perverse amount of pleasure in seeing the team and some individuals struggle, as they can take to the stands to hound players*, and to social media to vent their stuff, hoping that in a few months time they can say, "see I told you so".

I highly doubt this is unique to Dundee United, but football fans, probably due to the advent of social media**, seem to have evolved into a very intolerant bunch with bizarrely unrealistic expectations.

*in the case of Freeman, I think he's decent but the vitriol directed to him from the stands has visibly affected his confidence. 

** noticed all those mad United twitter accounts were very subdued after the win Vs Ayr, but couldn't wait to take to their keyboards after / during the Dunfermline match 

Edited by Steven W

28 minutes ago, Steven W said:

It's a perfectly valid swipe at the fairly significant amount of United fans who take a perverse amount of pleasure in seeing the team and some individuals struggle, as they can take to the stands to hound players*, and to social media to vent their stuff, hoping that in a few months time they can say, "see I told you so".

I highly doubt this is unique to Dundee United, but football fans, probably due to the advent of social media**, seem to have evolved into a very intolerant bunch with bizarrely unrealistic expectations.

*in the case of Freeman, I think he's decent but the vitriol directed to him from the stands has visibly affected his confidence. 

** noticed all those mad United twitter accounts were very subdued after the win Vs Ayr, but couldn't wait to take to their keyboards after / during the Dunfermline match 

Like @Dundee Hibernian you must mix indifferent circles from the ones I did.  Cannot recall any fan taking pleasure from the team or any individual player struggling.  Players should not be beyond criticism but that criticism should not be vocalised whilst the team is playing.

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Like @Dundee Hibernian you must mix indifferent circles from the ones I did.  Cannot recall any fan taking pleasure from the team or any individual player struggling.  Players should not be beyond criticism but that criticism should not be vocalised whilst the team is playing.

You must sit in a lucky seat away from the moaners.

Nonetheless, young footballers will likely look at comments concerning them on social media, and while criticism can be valid and constructive, some posts are abusive and unhelpful, especially when made in advance of matches, critical of imagined outcomes. 

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

You must sit in a lucky seat away from the moaners.

Nonetheless, young footballers will likely look at comments concerning them on social media, and while criticism can be valid and constructive, some posts are abusive and unhelpful, especially when made in advance of matches, critical of imagined outcomes. 

Yeah, except neither banning people from being critical on social media or banning players from reading social media is realistic.

I think P&B Arabs are fairly level headed but I doubt if there’s a regular poster on here who has not had a merited pop at a player’s performance one time or another.

4 hours ago, Steven W said:

I don’t want to see Freeman struggle. I’d rather he developed into the best right back in Scotland.

But he won’t.

I always thought Smith was the better player, and he of course suffered from’ haters’. McMann too.

That said, he’s still a better option than playing a CM at RB imho.

And I never shout abuse at our own players - that’s just sad.

If players want to read PnB and lose confidence because some nobody called ArabFC doesn’t think they’re awesome, all I can say is… don’t do that.