Dundee United 23/24

The team for today will be interesting. Will Goodwin go for…

- Full strength to keep the momentum going.

- Mixture of first team and fringe / youth to give them a good run out.

- Youth team, just… because. 

I hope he goes full strength, try to get the game won as early as possible and then get the subs on. 

Question for those ITK.  Are we likely to bring in any more loan players?

Also, can we return Ollie Denham as ‘barely used’.  Don’t see the benefit for either us or the lad of keeping him if he’s not going to get game time.

Edited by Granny Danger

Wee heads-up. There is an absolutely brilliant 10-page piece on the Roma bribery scandal in the latest issue of Nutmeg. 

John Irving has gone back and spoken to some of those closest to it all. I thought I knew the story but there's more detail in here than anyone has ever uncovered before. 

We'll get it online eventually but you can order here if you want to read it now. 

IMG_20230913_132122.jpg

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Alright boys and girls.

I'm off to Alkmaar this weekend for a mini break/work away next week.

Any non football related tips on places to eat, drink and things to do/see in the town? 

Cheers 

It has its own version of Laurencekirk, which is nice and a museum dedicated to that famous Alkmaar band, The Beatles.

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Alright boys and girls.

I'm off to Alkmaar this weekend for a mini break/work away next week.

Any non football related tips on places to eat, drink and things to do/see in the town? 

Cheers 

Alkmaar are at home on Sunday, you going?

5 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Interested to know your thoughts on Rory Macleod joining us on loan till January.

I’ve seen a lot of praise for the young lad, so awfy excited to see how he does. 

Very highly rated but to be honest not shown that much in the time he has had on the pitch for the first time.  Albeit that has mostly been sub appearances and he is only 17…. Hopefully a move which helps all concerned.

it does leave Utd very short of strikers though and I wonder if we’re maybe lining up a player in on loan ourselves…?

15 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Interested to know your thoughts on Rory Macleod joining us on loan till January.

I’ve seen a lot of praise for the young lad, so awfy excited to see how he does. 

He's good. How good remains to be seen but he hasn't looked out of place in the first team squad and still just 17. 

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

He's good. How good remains to be seen but he hasn't looked out of place in the first team squad and still just 17. 

I dunno.

He hasn't actually looked bad but I'm not aware of him actually taking a shot or having any more than 3 touches in a game.

Certainly not writing him off but 18 months after making his debut I'm not sure what his strengths are.

He hit the post against Celtic from outside the box. Think it was the game Levitt scored that great goal. Hasn't done much since other than a few nice touches but has barely been afforded a chance other than some 10 minute cameos and starting at Livingston up front on his own in Fletcher's absence because we had given away all our strikers earlier in the season. Hard to judge any of the younger players, they've all been intermittently chucked into a bin fire over the past year or so but the ones that went out on loan seemed to do well so a good move for him in the interim potentially. Has never really looked ready for the first team but hopefully that will come.