Dundee United 23/24

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

1st-5th are correct based on honours won then Dundee/Dundee Utd/Killie share 6th-8th then Motherwell and St M share 9-10th.  So, the rankings are not that far out.

(I've ignored Queens Park in equal 5th as they're shite). 

Can't use honours for Dundee but ignore them for Queens Park. 

Disgraceful imo

5 hours ago, adamntg said:

Hibs and Dundee Utd are the only two I don’t think anyone sensible would disagree with.  All the rest up for debate. 

To start with the club second on the list dosent even exist anymore. 

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

1st-5th are correct based on honours won then Dundee/Dundee Utd/Killie share 6th-8th then Motherwell and St M share 9-10th.  So, the rankings are not that far out.

Agreed, based on honours, although United’s two Scottish Cups and two LCs probably edge Dundee’s three wins in the third competition. 😉

On attendances United are 5,000 behind Hibs and 3,000 ahead of Dundee. 

I’d have the Dees in 7th tbh. 

On 14/02/2024 at 07:51, hk blues said:

No United are obviously 6th. People know that.

Every measure United are ahead of Dundee.

Average attendance every season for almost 50 years. Even this season United in 2nd tier Dundee United 8067, Dundee 6802 and that is including visits of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts twice. 

Size of ground United 

Honours fairly even both won 5 major trophies United won 1 more Scottish Cup Dundee 1 more League Cup so United edge it. 

Head to head even though United didn't really get going as a top level club until the start of the 60's United are well ahead. 

Europe. Both reached European Cup semi but United have been in a European final. Dundee have not. United European record come out top again.

30 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

No United are obviously 6th. People know that.

Every measure United are ahead of Dundee.

Average attendance every season for almost 50 years. Even this season United in 2nd tier Dundee United 8067, Dundee 6802 and that is including visits of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts twice. 

Size of ground United 

Honours fairly even both won 5 major trophies United won 1 more Scottish Cup Dundee 1 more League Cup so United edge it. 

Head to head even though United didn't really get going as a top level club until the start of the 60's United are well ahead. 

Europe. Both reached European Cup semi but United have been in a European final. Dundee have not. United European record come out top again.

I’m pretty sure that in determining these matters the “in living memory” rule is evoked.

So unless Dundee can produce a 113 year old fan (with incredible recall as a baby) then their Scottish Cup win doesn’t count.

“Dickhead” is harsh. I don’t take any enjoyment losing our captain. Copy the Docherty news then backtrack? 

One of the many pages who just post nonsense. Docherty done a light session with physio, he is unfortunately out. 

🥄 and sibs in the middle 👍🏼

IMG_5028.jpeg

IMG_5025.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

🥄 and sibs in the middle 👍🏼

I'd be happy with that. My fear is that Goodwin goes with the "safe" option of Tillson who, to his credit, will win the ball back fairly often after he gives it away. My preference would be someone who just doesn't give it away quite so much in the first place.

I'm not a huge fan of Tilson either, but in fairness to him I thought he put in his best performance for us yet by far on his last start up at Inverness. Granted it was a night where no-one else in our team was close to their best, but Tilson made at least a couple of crucial interventions to keep us from falling behind.

Hopefully we get that version of him again tomorrow.