Dundee United 23/24

1 hour ago, clarky-1979 said:

If he was free, i'd maybe take a punt on him. He's 32 and if we need to pay a fee for him i'd rather the money was spent on a younger player with a resale value.

I'm not sure that this should really be a concern for the fans. It's Ogren's money to spend and recoup. I'd also be cautious of pursuing a policy which relies on signing young players just to then sell them on. That's the strategy under McNamara that got us relegated. If you're doing well then folk will want to sign your best players and you might get a decent fee for younger ones. If you're totally shite then any decent ones will run down their contract without being sold and then leave for a pittance or for free.

If Murray can be signed without breaking the bank then he'd be a decent signing. 32 is not particularly old and he looks fit as a fiddle. Suspect this is him just approaching his peak now. Came into full time football late and so no great surprise that he's a late developer. Having said all that, I suspect that some other club will throw a big wage at him and I'm not convinced he's worth pushing the boat out for.

The Record (I think) suggesting that United are set to "swoop" for Stevie May.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, etc.

No.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm not sure that this should really be a concern for the fans. It's Ogren's money to spend and recoup. I'd also be cautious of pursuing a policy which relies on signing young players just to then sell them on. That's the strategy under McNamara that got us relegated. If you're doing well then folk will want to sign your best players and you might get a decent fee for younger ones. If you're totally shite then any decent ones will run down their contract without being sold and then leave for a pittance or for free.

If Murray can be signed without breaking the bank then he'd be a decent signing. 32 is not particularly old and he looks fit as a fiddle. Suspect this is him just approaching his peak now. Came into full time football late and so no great surprise that he's a late developer. Having said all that, I suspect that some other club will throw a big wage at him and I'm not convinced he's worth pushing the boat out for.

Good post. 

1 hour ago, Fife Arab said:

We aren’t 

any idea who we are signing?

Defender from Cheltenham was rumoured as being close last week but all gone quiet.  Not really heard much else.  Still nothing in Holt or Graham renewing.

14 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

any idea who we are signing?

Defender from Cheltenham was rumoured as being close last week but all gone quiet.  Not really heard much else.  Still nothing in Holt or Graham renewing.

Heard Motherwell wanted him also. No clue where he ends up. Sure I said at the time nothing was imminent on that one. 

Graham will sign I think. The fact clubs need to pay a fee for him maybe would put them off but Hibs were certainly in for him before the manager got sacked….

28 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Heard Motherwell wanted him also. No clue where he ends up. Sure I said at the time nothing was imminent on that one. 

Graham will sign I think. The fact clubs need to pay a fee for him maybe would put them off but Hibs were certainly in for him before the manager got sacked….

I think Graham is either going to be decent this coming season or very positive in his development. Could see us netting 7 figures for him be end of the year.

Heard Easton has signed for you guys and it was between Motherwell and Dundee United for him. Interested to know if there's been rumours from the united side since most rumours have been about Motherwell?

6 minutes ago, wellfan919191 said:

Heard Easton has signed for you guys and it was between Motherwell and Dundee United for him. Interested to know if there's been rumours from the united side since most rumours have been about Motherwell?

Christ, I hope not. He's an absolute bell-end and not anywhere near talented enough to justify that personality.

9 minutes ago, wellfan919191 said:

No thanks. You boys can have him