Dundee United 23/24

3 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I mean it’s not like our own fans voted twice to give United fans extra tickets at both games at Starks Park earlier in the season! 

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Lets no kid ourselves.We gave them extra tickets to maximise income from the game

Of course, mental for anyone to pretend otherwise.

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's United fans that did Raith a favour earlier in the season by buying up their empty seats.

But we did treat you to an exceptional goal. 

12 minutes ago, Malky6424 said:

Shitebags, the most hated club in Scotland are definitely DUFC.

You’re only saying that cos we were one of the flesh who voted your big club out of the league. 

1 minute ago, chris1883 said:

But we did treat you to an exceptional goal. 

What a night that was for you guys.  Buckets of cash, three points and a worldie in the last few seconds to snatch an undeserved win. You're welcome, btw.

12 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

What a night that was for you guys.  Buckets of cash, three points and a worldie in the last few seconds to snatch an undeserved win. You're welcome, btw.

Just wait till we give you less cash, 0 points and score a worldie in the 94th minute to snatch an undeserved win next weekend... 

I reserve the right to withdraw this statement. 

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Just wait till we give you less cash, 0 points and score a worldie in the 94th minute to snatch an undeserved win next weekend... 

I reserve the right to withdraw this statement. 

Aye, the world's a terrible place. There's no justice, just us.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye, the world's a terrible place. There's no justice, just us.

It makes sense from a utd pov to do it. It does show a lack of class and belief in your own management team/ players to actually go and beat a team in your own stadium if 500 extra fans are there from your own club. It's tin pot as f**k. 

I'd be right behind it if the shoe was on the other foot though. We do have a massively smaller budget and never had expectations to even challenge for the league this season as well. 

The fact there has even been a title challenge to this stage is pretty funny all things considered. Both teams will most likely finish on a higher points total than both the big Dundee team and Kilmarnock managed in previous championship winning seasons. 

We usually keep the Shed for bigger games such as these. Away fans were always housed in the Fair Play until this season. Though I would have assumed Raith would have got, at least some of, the Jerry Kerr too, so guessing they're holding that back to see what home sales are like. 

Edited by Gibby82

Just now, grumswall said:

It makes sense from a utd pov to do it. It does show a lack of class and belief in your own management team/ players to actually go and beat a team in your own stadium if 500 extra fans are there from your own club. It's tin pot as f**k. 

I'd be right behind it if the shoe was on the other foot though. We do have a massively smaller budget and never had expectations to even challenge for the league this season as well. 

The fact there has even been a title challenge to this stage is pretty funny all things considered. Both teams will most likely finish on a higher points total than both the big Dundee team and Kilmarnock managed in previous championship winning seasons. 

Are Rovers likely to sell out? No away fans have got close to selling out at Tannadice all season and I doubt that will change next week. I don't think United have announced the allocation yet or which stands are being allocated to Rovers so it's difficult to say whether it's unfair or not. United do tend to punt away fans from the Shed for big games in order to give it to United fans so I presume that's what's happening. Which seems perfectly reasonable and fair given that there will be greater demand for extra tickets from home fans than away.

FWIW, if we are doing it to gain an advantage then I'm cool with that too. Abso-fucking-lutely.

33 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Are Rovers likely to sell out? No away fans have got close to selling out at Tannadice all season and I doubt that will change next week. I don't think United have announced the allocation yet or which stands are being allocated to Rovers so it's difficult to say whether it's unfair or not. United do tend to punt away fans from the Shed for big games in order to give it to United fans so I presume that's what's happening. Which seems perfectly reasonable and fair given that there will be greater demand for extra tickets from home fans than away.

FWIW, if we are doing it to gain an advantage then I'm cool with that too. Abso-fucking-lutely.

Yes. We managed it the last game and our home crowds have been growing all season which you would assume would translate to this game being sold from our end. 

You're quite clearly doing it to gain an advantage because you're absolutely shiting it from a team with a fraction of your budget who had an aim to finish 4th. 

Like I said though, I'd be dissapointed if we didn't do the same if the shoe was on the other foot for where the game is played. Still petty and tin pot as f**k from a team who think they should be top 6 in the country. 

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Yes. We managed it the last game and our home crowds have been growing all season which you would assume would translate to this game being sold from our end. 

You're quite clearly doing it to gain an advantage because you're absolutely shiting it from a team with a fraction of your budget who had an aim to finish 4th. 

Like I said though, I'd be dissapointed if we didn't do the same if the shoe was on the other foot for where the game is played. Still petty and tin pot as f**k from a team who think they should be top 6 in the country. 

We are still top 6 for attendances in Scotland which is one of the reasons why we will need more tickets for United fans for this game. The demand to fill 3 stands will be there. 

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I think initially United were planning to allocate behind the goal to Raith fans, but representation from supporters' groups have indicated that, in present circumstances, it would be bad PR for our own fans. It'd be a big surprise to me if they've changed their mind, as the club is great at shooting themselves in the foot, but it appears they have.

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I think initially United were planning to allocate behind the goal to Raith fans, but representation from supporters' groups have indicated that, in present circumstances, it would be bad PR for our own fans. It'd be a big surprise to me if they've changed their mind, as the club is great at shooting themselves in the foot, but it appears they have.

There is going to be more demand from United fans for this game so the club are left with 2 choices move Raith fans to Fair Play and give Unite The Shed or keep Raith fans in Shed and United fans occupy The Fair Play. The latter has happened like never. I don't think the police would agree to it as  crowd management before and after the game of having United fans at either side of The Shed would cause logistical issues. it makes sense to move Raith fans. Shame for them that means less tickets but there isn't really much alternative. 

18 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Don't think so. Didn't look full and all the chat before the game was that you were close to selling out. In the end it didn't happen. 

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Don't think so. Didn't look full and all the chat before the game was that you were close to selling out. In the end it didn't happen. 

We didn't have any more tickets available to purchase at the time iirc. I'd say that is selling out.