Dundee United 23/24

I'd be pretty pissed off if Graham leaves us. I think he's got something about him and he's still young for a centre half.

I'm definitely not convinced at the idea of Holt and Gallagher being our defensive partnership in the Prem so anything that prevents that being a certainty is good in my book.

Just now, PartyFears2 said:

IMG_0893.jpeg

Who are we still to find out about then? Graham, Holt and Cudjoe?

Happy for Moult to stay on. Extra year works for him to prove he can still do something at this level.

13 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'd be pretty pissed off if Graham leaves us. I think he's got something about him and he's still young for a centre half.

I'm definitely not convinced at the idea of Holt and Gallagher being our defensive partnership in the Prem so anything that prevents that being a certainty is good in my book.

Was just thinking that. The thought of Holt and Gallagher against Celtic, Rangers and even Hearts gives me the fear.

53 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Happy for Moult to stay on. Extra year works for him to prove he can still do something at this level.

Would we really keep Cudjoe?  By the amount of game time Goodwin gave him he obviously didn’t think he could offer much at even at Championship level.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Would we really keep Cudjoe?  By the amount of game time Goodwin gave him he obviously didn’t think he could offer much at even at Championship level.

He wasn't mentioned in the departure statement so a contract has at least been offered surely?

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm definitely not convinced at the idea of Holt and Gallagher being our defensive partnership in the Prem

Please no!

Surely Goodwin isn't that stupid???

Decent enough back ups, but if we go with them from the off, we're in trouble.  

5 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

He wasn't mentioned in the departure statement so a contract has at least been offered surely?

Maybe so, I’m just surprised that someone who was barely a squad player in the Championship would be seen as good enough for the top league.

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

United thought they were going to get one though. They (Asghar and company) made a mistake, tried to cover their arses and got punished for it. That's where the frustration from fans comes from.

No question.

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Miller Thomson is out of contract. 

25 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Mike Watson likes to talk, certainly, but he wasn't doing that off the cuff, most of the stuff was down on paper. 

I supposed you need someone who likes to talk for a podcast!

Did you not enjoy it?

35 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I supposed you need someone who likes to talk for a podcast!

Did you not enjoy it?

It was 'ok', but not really revelatory as I'd already read 'Across the Great Divide' by Jim Wilkie, which is where Watson appeared to have gleaned his information.

Our defensive record with Gallagher and Holt in central defence last season was largely very impressive, particularly in tge 1st half of the season. However neither are particularly blessed with pace and games like the thrashing at East End Park in March do leave me with concerns about how they'd fare with the step up next season.

Graham had a very good end to the season after he came in with McClelland for the Raith game at Tannadice, yet if he moved onto Hibs and we got some money for him I wouldn't be too put out either.

19 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

Brewster's 2 goals at Tannadice v Motherwell in that cup run were outstanding 

17 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The second goal, in particular, was borderline sexual

For anyone that would like to reminisce:

14 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

IMG_0893.jpeg

Initially thought we are getting folk tied down on Wee Jim-style long term contracts again, then remembered 2025 is no longer the distant future, and is actually only just over 6 months away

16 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Based on his performances for Partick Thistle, had he still been at United I'm not convinced he would have got too many games for us this season had he stayed.

Still a shiter we got no money for him as we fucked it up, mind.

I was under the impression Hearts had paid a fee for Neilson.

What happened, did United not offer him a contract or was there a tribunal?

19 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I was under the impression Hearts had paid a fee for Neilson.

What happened, did United not offer him a contract or was there a tribunal?

United apparently offered an extension by WhatsApp which is not sufficient to count as an official offer apparently.  So Hearts took him for nothing, because they could, rather than because he was brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, adamntg said:

United apparently offered an extension by WhatsApp which is not sufficient to count as an official offer apparently.  So Hearts took him for nothing, because they could, rather than because he was brilliant. 

Fucking hell 😬

That was pretty tinpot by whoever was responsible. I assume it was Mr O who was ultimately responsible?