Dundee United 23/24

2 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Why? This guy is coming as a number 2 100% 

Possibly but, assuming the Courier article is accurate (a reach admittedly) then being a No 2 is the reason he is not going back to St Johnstone?

Both our recent relegations have been largely down to having absolutely shite goalkeepers, I can't believe we would be stupid enough to make the same mistake again. I fully expect another keeper to be signed who will have been identified as starting the season as our number 1.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Possibly but, assuming the Courier article is accurate (a reach admittedly) then being a No 2 is the reason he is not going back to St Johnstone?

He'd technically be 3rd choice. Mitov and Ross Sinclair would be in front of him.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'd technically be 3rd choice. Mitov and Ross Sinclair would be in front of him.

Forgot you had Sinclair, was there not high hopes for him before he got injured?

2 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Both our recent relegations have been largely down to having absolutely shite goalkeepers, I can't believe we would be stupid enough to make the same mistake again. I fully expect another keeper to be signed who will have been identified as starting the season as our number 1.

Really?

Rumours wrong Dundee 🤞 not often but I hope he's signing over the road instead. If it's true and he's coming in as Number one it'll be a season stay in the top league as he's not even played a minute at St Johnstone so no proof he's even good enough up here.

Probably a little premature to be speculating on whether a guy we may or may not be signing, who no one has seen play and few have even heard of, will be any good as first choice or back up. 

Doesn't seem to fit the profile for a first choice keeper, considering that we pushed the boat out for a quality keeper in the Championship, but time will tell.

Goalkeeper is a funny one. If the guy who is chosen to be number 1 is any good, he won't get dropped.#

If Rakovan was any good, we'd never have played Siegrist.

So he could be absolutely fine, or he could be awful. I'll hope to trust the judgement of the scouting team. Under Goodwin the signings have rarely been a let down.

17 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Probably a little premature to be speculating on whether a guy we may or may not be signing, who no one has seen play and few have even heard of, will be any good as first choice or back up. 

Doesn't seem to fit the profile for a first choice keeper, considering that we pushed the boat out for a quality keeper in the Championship, but time will tell.

The season’s over.  Best get used to this sort of speculation for the next few weeks.

18 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

He’s obviously not the only goalkeeper we are going to sign 🤣 keeeep the heeeds 

He is gonna be the only keeper we sign unless Newman leaves

Posted (edited)

Dundee United are set to beat off competition from St Johnstone to land keeper Dave Richards.

The Welshman spent this season on loan at McDiarmid Park from Crewe Alexandra who are set to let the 30-year-old rip up the last year of his contract.

United and Saints have both offered two year deals, although he would be back-up at both clubs. Richards is expected to agree to Tannadice over the coming days.

That would then open the door for United to let Scotland under-21 keeper Jack Newman go out on loan.

United are still working on options to bring in a new No. 1 for next season. They had Jack Walton on-loan from Luton last season as he helped United to make their Premiership return.

The door on his return hasn’t been closed but they are looking at a number of targets.

So he is only going to be coming in as backup.  Panic over.

Edited by WhatDayIsIt

I for one can’t believe people are losing their head over the keeper maybe being a number one. Let’s clear something up, Goodwin doesn’t rate Newman one bit so we will definitely sign a number 1 and the ST J guy will be back up 

6 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

when do we get moved to the shitehole forum :)

Ftfy. 

Gtf day. 

You go with my well wishes and congratulations on this season. Arabest n aw that.