Dundee United 23/24

19 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

when do we get moved from this shitehole forum :)

Not so quick pal.  It took me weeks to remember to click on the Championship forum as opposed to the Premiership forum last year.

Now I’ve got to go through all that change again. :bairn

I hope we can stay up for more than one season this time…

19 hours ago, Groot said:

Simon Murray, who would take him? 

It's a yes from me. 

Simon Murray in the play offs reminds me of the United one against Hamilton at Tannadice when he was brought down in the box for a stonewall penalty but the ref instead decided to send him off with a second booking for diving. So not only were we we deprived of a penalty we were down to 10 men. Totally changed the tie. 

2 hours ago, arabdelic said:

Simon Murray in the play offs reminds me of the United one against Hamilton at Tannadice when he was brought down in the box for a stonewall penalty but the ref instead decided to send him off with a second booking for diving. So not only were we we deprived of a penalty we were down to 10 men. Totally changed the tie. 

Remember it well 🙄

5 hours ago, arabdelic said:

Simon Murray in the playoffs recalls to me the night after that sending off, he posed in a Hibs jersey as he'd signed a pre-contract.

16 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Simon Murray in the playoffs recalls to me the night after that sending off, he posed in a Hibs jersey as he'd signed a pre-contract.

After the second leg, tbf.

5 hours ago, arabdelic said:

8 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Simon Murray reminds me of a guy that played amateur for ages, got a chance at us, worked his Ginger balls off and got a more lucrative deal and followed the money as much amd as often as he could.

The fact he raised a Hibs shirt a day after was a bit annoying but if an employer hired me, doubled my wages and asked me to do the same the day after handing my notice in then, please, hand me the new uniform.

We've all seen stuff like that, there's no loyalty where money is involved. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised at anything like that anymore. Our club will have punted hundreds of boys that they deemed not good enough but who would play for United for pennies because they love the club. Cant moan when it's the other way about.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

28 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

After the second leg, tbf.

I was really annoyed with that at the time, but in mitigation he absolutely knocked his pan in while at United, whatever his flaws were there was no issue with the graft he put in. He's a much better player now than he was then, and I would absolutely take him back - I think if he's available he'll get plenty offers though.

58 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Simon Murray reminds me of a guy that played amateur for ages, got a chance at us, worked his Ginger balls off and got a more lucrative deal and followed the money as much amd as often as he could.

The fact he raised a Hibs shirt a day after was a bit annoying but if an employer hired me, doubled my wages and asked me to do the same the day after handing my notice in then, please, hand me the new uniform.

We've all seen stuff like that, there's no loyalty where money is involved. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised at anything like that anymore. Our club will have punted hundreds of boys that they deemed not good enough but who would play for United for pennies because they love the club. Cant moan when it's the other way about.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

It didn't quite happen like that though. Hibernian never asked him to pose for that photo after signing him and doubling his wages. He hadn't handed his notice in, he was still under contract with United, and at best it was a crass thing to do in the circumstances. 

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It didn't quite happen like that though. Hibernian never asked him to pose for that photo after signing him and doubling his wages. He hadn't handed his notice in, he was still under contract with United, and at best it was a crass thing to do in the circumstances. 

What makes you think Hibs didn't organise the photoshoot to announce his signing?

Yes, he was under contract and he fulfilled that contract. He was perfectly entitled to discuss terms with a new employer as his fixed term contract was coming to an end and there was no suggestion from United that they were at all unhappy with the situation. It may have been a little crass for the signing to be announced a few hours after the play off final but it was no more than that. Sometimes folk are just desperate to be offended. It was certainly less crass than the signings of Paton and Erskine being announced several weeks before the end of the season, or United approaching McKinnon whilst Rovers were still involved in the play-offs. These things happen. Not worth holding a grudge over.

On 26/05/2024 at 14:05, Groot said:

Simon Murray, who would take him? 

It's a yes from me. 

No from me. Undoubtedly done well at county but not sure how I feel re-signing a former player who barely ripped it up in the championship and who we’d likely have to pay a fee for (I know most websites say he’s out of contract but most county fans are adamant he isn’t), also that he’s maybe only got a couple years left of a playing career.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

What makes you think Hibs didn't organise the photoshoot to announce his signing?

Simon took a selfie wearing Hibs gear in the Omiston Training Centre, as I recall he put it on social media after the first leg draw, but blamed a pal and deleted it. At the time he thought he was missing the second leg due to the sending off. Of course, he should have had a penalty when Scott McMann brought him down, and on appeal, he was freed up on the Saturday Friday to play.

The photo surfaced on Hibernian Mad on the morning of the second leg. Here's it is:

simon-murray-east-mains.thumb.jpg.92ce2e1b83bc1211ee1b0f2b832ef3b7.jpg

It's obvious the photo wasn't part of a photoshoot organised by Hibs. 

I'm not holding a grudge, just not rewriting history in case United sign him again.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian
Corrected Saturday to Friday.

13 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Simon took a selfie wearing Hibs gear in the Omiston Training Centre, as I recall he put it on social media after the first leg draw, but blamed a pal and deleted it. At the time he thought he was missing the second leg due to the sending off. Of course, he should have had a penalty when Scott McMann brought him down, and on appeal, he was freed up on the Saturday Friday to play.

The photo surfaced on Hibernian Mad on the morning of the second leg. Here's it is:

simon-murray-east-mains.thumb.jpg.92ce2e1b83bc1211ee1b0f2b832ef3b7.jpg

It's obvious the photo wasn't part of a photoshoot organised by Hibs. 

I'm not holding a grudge, just not rewriting history in case United sign him again.

Fair enough, you're referencing an entirely different event which clearly escaped my attention. Hibs posted a picture of Murray a few hours after the second leg of the final. If you're telling me that Murray posted this picture earlier then deleted then I can only take your word for it. Still  not sure it's worth getting upset about.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Fair enough, you're referencing an entirely different event which clearly escaped my attention. Hibs posted a picture of Murray a few hours after the second leg of the final. If you're telling me that Murray posted this picture earlier then deleted then I can only take your word for it. Still  not sure it's worth getting upset about.

Look back, I wrote "I'm not holding a grudge". 

As far as signing Simon a second time is concerned, if we do, I'll be easily swayed by some goals. Presently, I'd probably be on the fence.

3 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Any chat on the Brentford thing? I've heard it's a done deal...just rumours though 

Just waiting on the photo of the Gtech stadium holding the black and Tangerine scarf above its head 

As much as Murray looks as if he has improved this season, it's a big no fron me to re-signing him as he just isn't very good and there are glaring holes in his game. Don't think I could stomach a whole season watching him.

Also, considering the age he is at and his agent will probably be after a big pay day on the back of one decent season in the top league . It will be interesting to see how he does next season though if he continues the run of form he's on then I might change my mind but personally think it's a one off and he'll end up with about ten goals next year.

We already overpaid (and are still overpaying) for a striker who had one good season, and tbh that was only half a season.  Not really keen on doing that again. 

Although I do like Murray as a player, its a no for me