Dundee United 23/24

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I know it’s early days but I am underwhelmed and uninspired by signings and potential signings.

Even the unconfirmed rumours are underwhelming and uninspiring.

Hearing nothing until the deal is signed is how it should be done imo

Players being linked with clubs I reckon come from players agents to A. Get the player a better deal because B. He doesn't really want to go that club.

That isn't the player you want at United 

45 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Former Tatran Presov player?  f**k that, still not forgiven them for 1994

Grrrr!  Tartan Press-ups.  One of the rubbishest of all the rubbish teams we’ve lost to in Europe.  

I blame Golac. 

25 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Grrrr!  Tartan Press-ups.  One of the rubbishest of all the rubbish teams we’ve lost to in Europe.  

I blame Golac. 

Nixon scored a belter of a goal though

3 hours ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Former Tatran Presov player?  f**k that, still not forgiven them for 1994

Sir Pavol Safranko played for them too, but we forgive him.

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

League cup draw

Group B - Dundee United, Ayr United, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, Buckie Thistle

We get three league winners in our group...meanwhile across the road they get two relegated clubs. 

1 hour ago, Fife Arab said:

When are we leaving this 23/34 forum 🤔 

I thought this felt like a really long season…

38 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

We get three league winners in our group...meanwhile across the road they get two relegated clubs. 

If we can’t beat teams like that with a Premiership squad then who our neighbours play is the least of our worries.

45 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I thought this felt like a really long season…

If we can’t beat teams like that with a Premiership squad then who our neighbours play is the least of our worries.

My point was on the peculiarities of the draw.

Conference League Final tonight has Olympiacos playing in AEK's stadium.

In a nice piece of symmetry, didn't we play AEK in Olympiacos' stadium? (Can't remember what the story was there but it was something of a shambles was it not?)

8 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

League cup draw

Group B - Dundee United, Ayr United, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, Buckie Thistle

2nd year on the bounce that the draw for this stage has been very kind to us. Hopefully we don't repeat the Spartans debacle by contriving to lose to Buckie.

6 hours ago, captainkev said:

2nd year on the bounce that the draw for this stage has been very kind to us. Hopefully we don't repeat the Spartans debacle by contriving to lose to Buckie.

its an alright draw and we should be winning these games but I am not sure how drawing the champions of the other 3 leagues is 'kind' especially Falkirk who I would expect to be one of the stronger championship sides this season and a difficult away fixture. The Championship sides in pot 2 are pretty much of a muchness.

10 hours ago, Steven W said:

Conference League Final tonight has Olympiacos playing in AEK's stadium.

In a nice piece of symmetry, didn't we play AEK in Olympiacos' stadium? (Can't remember what the story was there but it was something of a shambles was it not?)

I think you’re right.  AEK‘s pitch was goosed so they switched the game to Panionios.  Panionios’ fans thought “f*ck that” and broke in and vandalised their own pitch so it got switched again. 

12 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

its an alright draw and we should be winning these games but I am not sure how drawing the champions of the other 3 leagues is 'kind' especially Falkirk who I would expect to be one of the stronger championship sides this season and a difficult away fixture. The Championship sides in pot 2 are pretty much of a muchness.

Yeah, it's surely one of the hardest draws we could have had. Should still be coming through that group comfortably but that comes with being a Pot 1 team. Every possible group should be fairly easy. In theory.