Dundee United 23/24

11 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Being linked with another young keeper, Brian Shwake.

Have Livi dropped the aspirations of getting £250,000 in development fees?

Or was that just looking for some small change from Brighton had they taken him on.

What can we reasonably expect to get for a guy in the last year of his contract, who likely wants away and will be on huge money even for most Premiership teams?

However much that is, I don't see Doidge being the carrot to make it worth losing Levitt over for cheap.

I'd rather we got cold hard cash.

Should have added, doige like Fletcher will only be a decent if he gets the service, and with the current wingers and midfielders we have I doubt he would get the service 

we are absolutely crying out for a bit of pace up top, if it is watt and doige- possibly the slowest front line in Scotland if not the world 🤣

No way we should be reducing the amount we are after for Levitt by including Doidge as his transfer value to Hibs is very little. If we do really want to bring Doidge in then I'm sure by the end of the window he will be available on a free transfer/loan deal as he has no real future at Hibs.

With the quality Levitt has I would much rather see him punted down south with a sell on clause as with the crazy money down there all it takes is 1 good season in the championship and suddenly you are a multi million pound player. If its a choice of £200k from Hearts/Hibs or lose him for free at the end of the season I would be looking to keep him, especially now we have seem dig in the middle of the park which should help Levitts game massively.

2 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

No way we should be reducing the amount we are after for Levitt by including Doidge as his transfer value to Hibs is very little. If we do really want to bring Doidge in then I'm sure by the end of the window he will be available on a free transfer/loan deal as he has no real future at Hibs.

With the quality Levitt has I would much rather see him punted down south with a sell on clause as with the crazy money down there all it takes is 1 good season in the championship and suddenly you are a multi million pound player. If its a choice of £200k from Hearts/Hibs or lose him for free at the end of the season I would be looking to keep him, especially now we have seem dig in the middle of the park which should help Levitts game massively.

Agree.

Sell to the Monopoly League with a percentage or keep here to contribute to promotion then walk for nothing.

28 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Should have added, doige like Fletcher will only be a decent if he gets the service, and with the current wingers and midfielders we have I doubt he would get the service 

we are absolutely crying out for a bit of pace up top, if it is watt and doige- possibly the slowest front line in Scotland if not the world 🤣

Levitt is an obscene baller. Miles ahead of anyone in the championship and miles ahead of anyone we could realistically replace him with. Keeping him would be a far better option than sell him on the cheap with Doige coming the other way. Even if Doige would be good at this level, we'd be removing our biggest creative threat.

Losing our biggest creator and replacing with a striker with a poor record seems counter productive to me. 

2 hours ago, skinny arab said:

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Agree.

Sell to the Monopoly League with a percentage or keep here to contribute to promotion then walk for nothing.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Levitt is an obscene baller. Miles ahead of anyone in the championship and miles ahead of anyone we could realistically replace him with. Keeping him would be a far better option than sell him on the cheap with Doige coming the other way. Even if Doige would be good at this level, we'd be removing our biggest creative threat.

Losing our biggest creator and replacing with a striker with a poor record seems counter productive to me. 

Is anybody down South sniffing around?  The fact Utd are looking at a fire sale deal with Hibs maybe means he's not in as much demand as was expected. 

11 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Is anybody down South sniffing around?  The fact Utd are looking at a fire sale deal with Hibs maybe means he's not in as much demand as was expected. 

Cardiff were before allegedly. Who knows.

However as said I hope we keep a hold of him rather than let him go on the cheap. 

45 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Cardiff and Wigan, one has a transfer embargo and the other has severe financial problems so there might be limited options. Dont know if Cardiffs transfer embargo stops them bringing in loan players so possibly a 6 month loan with an obligation to buy at next transfer window.

3 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

What's the chat with Watt? I would have thought he'd be pushing for a move away (there must be someone in the premiership he hasn't played for yet...)

26 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Pleasure watching Dylan Levitt. Hearing that’s the deal done with Hibs. Another mess up from the board mainly Tony only handing out a 2 year deal. 

There's a hell of a lot of things to haul the decision makers at United (past and present) over the coals for last season, but only tying up Levitt for 2 years doesn't feel like one of them. Few people if any complained at the time. It looked like good business and most accepted that the plan was to get one good year out of him and then hopefully sell him on for a good profit, and were right behind it.

Very disappointing to see him likely off to another team in Scotland outwith the arsecheeks. However, the reality is that last season was a total disaster and a big shock on the financial front when the club aimed to kick on from 2021/22. There's a cost to be paid for that and sadly it looks set to be Levitt off on the cheap.

The biggest surprise about all of this for me is that Doidge is still at Hibs. I thought he'd moved to Killie permanently.

Edited by captainkev

3 minutes ago, captainkev said:

There's a hell of a lot of things to haul the decision makers at United (past and present) over the coals for last season, but only tying up Levitt for 2 years doesn't feel like one of them. Few people if any complained at the time. It looked like good business and most accepted that the plan was to get one good year out of him and then hopefully sell him on for a good profit, and were right behind it.

Very disappointing to see him likely off to another team in Scotland outwith the arsecheeks. However, the reality is that last season was a total disaster and a big shock on the financial front when the club aimed to kick on from 2021/22. There's a cost to be paid for that and sadly it looks set to be Levitt off on the cheap.

The biggest surprise about all of this for me is that Doidge is still at Hibs. I thought he'd moved to Killie permanently.

When you compare Aberdeen handing out 4 year deal to Clarkson then Levitt 2 year deal isn’t great. Yes no one was complaining but you need to protect an assets you have spent 300/400k on plus big wages. Granted we made some money back from him at international level but one bad year with injury’s hasn’t helped us