Dundee United 23/24

21 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Any other posters on here regular watchers of DUTV?

I have an international subscription - it is usually fine, but Saturday I had to switch it off after about 15-20 minutes.  It was freezing and buffering so much that I'd only managed to properly watch about 3-4 minutes.

I watch the games, have never really watched anything else that is on there (except that time David Tanner did the incredibly odd interview with Tam Courts).  

7 hours ago, arab_joe said:

I have an international subscription - it is usually fine, but Saturday I had to switch it off after about 15-20 minutes.  It was freezing and buffering so much that I'd only managed to properly watch about 3-4 minutes.

I watch the games, have never really watched anything else that is on there (except that time David Tanner did the incredibly odd interview with Tam Courts).  

Ah, that’s interesting, because it means I’ll get to the RaithTV stream of the matches at Tannadice. Apparently this year Raith is going with reciprocity on streaming, so as long as you’ll let RaithTV stream the matches at your place to our viewers, we’ll let you stream the ones at Stark’s Park (only Ayr has refused so far). So far the RaithTV away steams have been decent, with only a bit of buffering around the start and halftime, apparently because they are using a cellular connection to stream the match. I suspect that’s what DUTV was using Saturday from the sounds of it, and the rain wouldn’t be helping the signal. Wouldn’t help to have te folks at DUTV check with the RaithTV folk to see what equipment they are using to see if they can get a better connection, I know that RaithTV happily share their experience to help improve everyone’s experience.

7 hours ago, RB-Scotland said:

Aye, partly based overseas so I have a subscription. It's decent for the most part, when I first moved in 2016 it was far worse.

I first subscribed about half way through the 21/22 season.  So far this season both the quality of transmission and the camera work seems poorer than last season and the season before.

7 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Don’t say I’m not nice to my neighbours.  Just seen this on itison if anyone is interested.

I’ve looked to see if there are any hospitality deals for the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal but it appears there are not….

D6A4E9B1-98B7-419E-9A87-BDCC1476B65F.jpeg

Looks pretty desperate, seemingly they wanted money as well, for being the opposition in the Cammy Kerr testimonial.

On 08/10/2023 at 09:58, Granny Danger said:

Any other posters on here regular watchers of DUTV?

Pay for it but never watch it.

Just come across this though which is a bit more entertaining than the club's content... 

Watching the game on Alba (with sound turned way down).  Most disappointing thing is that there are folk standing about a yard behind Douglas Ross and they are not shouting abuse at him.

Football’s not been great either.

No long back from the game and feel like I’m still thawing out.  That’s got to rival Arbroath in December.

I thought it was a reasonable performance today. Ross Graham looked really assured, Freeman’s confidence looked at least partially restored and I thought Middleton continued his recent good form with another strong performance.  I can feel Middleton’s frustration too; there must have been at least three or four times in the 2nd half when players chose to ignore an excellent run from him, in favour of another (imo poorer option) that didn’t come off.

Overall we did what we were supposed to do, in pretty horrible conditions and without too much drama.  On another day we score another couple (Louis Moult, in particular) and the game looks and feels an awful lot more comfortable.  Tin hat on, but I was a bit surprised at some of the negativity from our fans early on, even during a spell where we were well on top…

13 hours ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Greetings .

To let all Dundee Utd fans making the journey North today; its T shirt weather.

Lovely day in the Blue Toon.

It’s was so much T-shirt weather, that I opted for 2 T-shirts….and a hoodie, jacket, hat, scarf and gloves.  Still absolutely baltic.  
Well done on surviving games at Balmoor during the depths of winter, I can’t even begin to imagine.

Thought your stadium announcer and prematch music play list were absolute class.

On 15/10/2023 at 02:32, foxinperu said:

I thought it was a reasonable performance today. Ross Graham looked really assured, Freeman’s confidence looked at least partially restored and I thought Middleton continued his recent good form with another strong performance.  I can feel Middleton’s frustration too; there must have been at least three or four times in the 2nd half when players chose to ignore an excellent run from him, in favour of another (imo poorer option) that didn’t come off.

Overall we did what we were supposed to do, in pretty horrible conditions and without too much drama.  On another day we score another couple (Louis Moult, in particular) and the game looks and feels an awful lot more comfortable.  Tin hat on, but I was a bit surprised at some of the negativity from our fans early on, even during a spell where we were well on top…

With the later kick off time I was able to watch the 90 minutes - and hard to argue with any of this. 

We were very solid, if unspectacular - but we got the job done against a team that was very happy to sit deep and allow us to keep the ball (which has never been our strong suit).  Their keeper made a number of excellent saves, especially from Moult, and on another day we score 4 or 5.  

Both goals were excellent - need both Watt and Middleton to keep this run of form going.

Edited by arab_joe