The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

16 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

I heard they sounded out Scott Arfield as he is not happy in the states. He refused to even discuss terms. Certainly shows either ambition or delusions of grandeur 

13 hours ago, Trump said:

Heard Rankin is looking at Steven Hetherington of Alloa to replace the hole in midfield left by Scott Martin.

13 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Heard that was only if Paul Paton didn't fancy the step down in clubs.

frustrated soccer GIF by Red Bull

22 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Heard Falkirk were looking at former Edinburgh City star Ben Stirling excellent signing if it happens. 

Don’t know if we’ve any room for any more Edinburgh City stars. But hope he does well. 

Ignore what any Falkirk fans say about Hetherington, he’ll be a steady replacement for Martin.

15 hours ago, Trump said:

Don’t know if we’ve any room for any more Edinburgh City stars. But hope he does well. 

Ignore what any Falkirk fans say about Hetherington, he’ll be a steady replacement for Martin.

Not if he performs to the chronic level he produced for us.

Lanarkshire live reporting Williamson is a done deal permanent transfer. I’m sure our beloved DOF will produce a statement soon telling us all the hard work he has did to get this one ‘across the line’.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Lanarkshire live reporting Williamson is a done deal permanent transfer. I’m sure our beloved DOF will produce a statement soon telling us all the hard work he has did to get this one ‘across the line’.

A bit like this?

IMG_8354.jpeg

Ben Williamson confirmed on permanent deal and seems Mackenzie Kirk coming in on loan from Hearts 

Wonder why we thought we should wind up Rangers in the Williamson announcement. Bizarre behaviour.

Edited by FuzzyBear

36 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Wonder why we thought we should wind up Rangers in the Williamson announcement. Bizarre behaviour.

12 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I'm stuck between wanting to slag off Accies' social media and wanting to slag off Rangers

The shambolic social media situation and Struthers still holding the main account hostage means a lot of people in the replies genuinely think someone has created a fake Twitter account and paid for a blue tick just to slag off Rangers, so there is probably a way for the club to save face.

Although Gerry will probably be having a good chuckle at what he has done in his ‘CSC’ group chats so he’ll be happy.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm sure he could do a decent job in midfield. Certainly be a claws In his contract though.

A very unselfish player who is only too happy to put in a square ball I hear.

Someone take Gerrys phone off him please.

I'm all for ripping the piss out of the OF at every opportunity, but this was posted by an official of our club. Shit like this contributes to the whole "everyone and every club has an OF alligence really" pish we endure every fecking day. 

Just now, FuzzyBear said:

Mackenzie Kirk confirmed without winding Hearts up.

The "smooth transaction" is another shot at Rangers though. Clearly Accies (or Gerry Strain) felt that Rangers were being difficult during negotiations and that daft tweet is their/his means of having a go at them. More than anything, it's just shite patter - it wouldn't have been as bad if they actually had something funny to say as opposed to page 1 of the Celtic Da playbook.