The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

9 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Another fans fourm confirmed for the 18th July good to see however I really don't get why they can't do this before the game against Stirling. 

Only Accies, eh? At home on the 16th, fans forum on the 18th. Anybody would think they wanted to keep the numbers down at the same time saying "we gave you another forum."

Fergus Owens ruled out for the season really bad news that. Hopefully he recovers and he can return next season. Another center half now has to become a priority.

40 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Fergus Owens ruled out for the season really bad news that. Hopefully he recovers and he can return next season. Another center half now has to become a priority.

That's a massive blow as he looked some prospect in the playoff games.

Brad Mckay's still available.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That's a massive blow as he looked some prospect in the playoff games.

Brad Mckay's still available.

Too late he has signed for Brechin City apparently he was given a choice Accies or Brechin and he chose the Hedgemen..

1 hour ago, the tin man said:

Looking forward to hosting you all tonight if you are following Hamilton Accies to Prestonpans tonight 

Should be a good test for the Panners

Clubrooms open from 6

It's our U19s now. When it was first announced it appeared that it was going to be a first team friendly. Those have turned out to be behind closed door matches v St Johnstone and "Rangers".

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

It's our U19s now. When it was first announced it appeared that it was going to be a first team friendly. Those have turned out to be behind closed door matches v St Johnstone and "Rangers".

Yes we where told it was until  changed decision on Friday

But still really happy to host the accies we did expect the 20s when we first approached them

Hibs 20s on Saturday aswell

Clubrooms open from 6 15

We have space in covered stand for 300 

Edited by the tin man

Genuinely gutted about Owens. I was looking forward to seeing how he'd get on back in the Championship after such a good second half of last season when I couldn't help but be reminded of Jamie Hamilton in the Premiership in 2021, but now I'm worried that I'll be reminded of what Hamilton became after that. 

Would go cap in hand to Jamie Hamilton to replace Owens. Probably far too late now but that is a massive blow. We desperately need pace in the middle of defence.

1 hour ago, manxaccie said:

Would go cap in hand to Jamie Hamilton to replace Owens. Probably far too late now but that is a massive blow. We desperately need pace in the middle of defence.

Hamilton has played about 3 times in 3 years. Don't think we can risk signing him. Would be better getting someone a bit more reliable.

12 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Hamilton has played about 3 times in 3 years. Don't think we can risk signing him. Would be better getting someone a bit more reliable.

It’s a valid point. I know physically he's over the original injury, but admittedly  don’t know if he’s ready to be a starter in a competitive league. Not sure where we get someone of the ability he showed a couple of years ago though. 

someone is going to get themselves a gem, sounds like Ayr are ready to take the gamble.

Michael Hewitt apparently signing for us. Didn't seem to feature much for you. How was he when he did? Please tell me he's a CB?

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Michael Hewitt apparently signing for us. Didn't seem to feature much for you. How was he when he did? Please tell me he's a CB?

He got a bit of stick from some but I don't mind him. Played at the back, right back and defensive midfield and decent enough. Nothing flashy but solid.

Hewitt officially joins QOTS not too surprising as he wasn't going to get much game time in the championship and with us seemingly looking to bring in more midfielders it always was good to mean 1 or 2 would have to have to leave. Would expect this to be a straight swap with Paul Allan. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's main position is in midfield but he has played both right back and center half for us as well he's definitely a league 1 player. 

12 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

He's main position is in midfield but he has played both right back and center half for us as well he's definitely a league 1 player. 

I'd imagine he'll be used at the back. Our midfield looks to be our strongest area the now and we've plenty of options. CB we're lacking and we don't have a RB. Hopefully does a turn for us. 

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd imagine he'll be used at the back. Our midfield looks to be our strongest area the now and we've plenty of options. CB we're lacking and we don't have a RB. Hopefully does a turn for us. 

Think it's more likely he'll play at Right back than center half tbf. 

11 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

He got a bit of stick from some but I don't mind him. Played at the back, right back and defensive midfield and decent enough. Nothing flashy but solid.

Disagree with this on account of his terrific hair.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The fergus injury, Hewitt going does mean to me we are not infact nearly done and probably need a CB, cover for RB and another centre mid (Paul Allan)

Some of these might depend on how Newbury copes, as he's played all three positions in the past. I'd probably rather we prioritise a CB as our options there are v iffy.