The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We've now been linked with Rangers Winger Josh Mcpake Alloa are also interested apparently 

That would be good business for a League One club. Hopefully we can get the deal done. 

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We've now been linked with Rangers Winger Josh Mcpake Alloa are also interested apparently 

Josh McPake is a weird one. Got some sort of competent footballing ability which was shown a couple times across last season for us but it’s been reported across various platforms that there’s an attitude issue. Was a regular until the new year time and there was talk of him signing permanently for us in the January window. I was always unconvinced by him even when he did show glimpses of talent (the goal against yourselves at hampden being one of them) He isn’t particularly fast or skilful, he seems to have one move which is simply cutting inside from the left and having a pop at goal. Once teams figured that out, it was like having a man down and ultimately he faded away towards the end of the season. Barely featured except for a bizzare appearance out of nowhere against Dundee in the biggest game of our modern history which unsurprisingly, he did hee haw 

It’s probably now or never for McPake. A bad season in league 1 (if he signs) might foresee a long term career in part time football. It’s a worrying trend that he’s had about 5 or 6 loan spells and none of them have came out with many if any glowing reviews. 

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Josh McPake is a weird one. Got some sort of competent footballing ability which was shown a couple times across last season for us but it’s been reported across various platforms that there’s an attitude issue. Was a regular until the new year time and there was talk of him signing permanently for us in the January window. I was always unconvinced by him even when he did show glimpses of talent (the goal against yourselves at hampden being one of them) He isn’t particularly fast or skilful, he seems to have one move which is simply cutting inside from the left and having a pop at goal. Once teams figured that out, it was like having a man down and ultimately he faded away towards the end of the season. Barely featured except for a bizzare appearance out of nowhere against Dundee in the biggest game of our modern history which unsurprisingly, he did hee haw 

It’s probably now or never for McPake. A bad season in league 1 (if he signs) might foresee a long term career in part time football. It’s a worrying trend that he’s had about 5 or 6 loan spells and none of them have came out with many if any glowing reviews. 

Tbf I think every full-time player in league 1 is in the risk of going part time if they don't perform this season 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Enough about Zanatta, what about Josh McPake?

6 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

Tried and failed to get a season ticket on fanbase earlier, couldn't get past phone number verification. Seemed to be linked to email address and I've changed phones at least twice since I set up my email account. Anyway, had a count of the seats that were not available ie the STs that have been renewed. Came to only 209 yet the club are saying on the website that a record number have renewed. Didn't realise that they don't issue STs for sections 2 & 6.

Heard some mixed feed back regarding renewals via fanbase tbh

Really didnt fancy doing it online given the clubs shambolic commercial department and the fact that im auld

Got to say that i found it pretty straightforward and quick. However as a time served Accies fan, i expect it all to go tits up first day of the season lol.

Joking aside, hope they can get it sorted. Fans have been asking for this option for years. Life was easier when yer da could lift you over the turnstiles

Cumbernauld 3-1 Accies friendly or not that's a total disgrace of a result a lot of my excitement for this season has just turned into concern if that's a sign of what this season is going to look like then we are in real trouble. Fans are going to be a lot harder on Rankin than they were last season the majority of last season the blame was on the board. The new owner Zengin has backed him so far with a sqaud that should be winning league 1. If Rankin fails this season all the blame has to go to himself nobody else. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Cumberland 3-1 Accies friendly or not that's a total disgrace of a result a lot of my excitement for this season has just turned into concern if that's a sign of what this season is going to look like then we are in real trouble. Fans are going to be a lot harder on Rankin than they were last season the majority of last season the blame was on the board. The new owner Zengin has backed him so far with a sqaud that should be winning league 1. If Rankin fails this season all the blame has to go to himself nobody else. 

Results in friendly mean nothing just really training games to get match fit .

You do have a good squad just  wait till the real stuff starts .

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Results in friendly mean nothing just really training games to get match fit .

You do have a good squad just  wait till the real stuff starts .

Agree with this point, however with the shambolic season we just had and other antics that went on, Rankin really needs to do everything to bring the fans onside, and this even though a friendly, will set it back.

2 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Were we not promised an offical announcement of the new owner and also a proper kit launch?

Was expecting this done before the league cup started.

Yes, neither of which look like they are coming anytime soon. 

This is one of the biggest issues with Accies and why we have such a shambolic, amature reputation. Bad enough that they probably fail to deliver yet again, but to make grand claims and then fail is another example of why football is so low down in this clubs agenda.

If you treat fans in this way you get the level of support that we have. (for the record i have reluctantly renewed my season book)

Edited by Beckford

I’m not renewing my season ticket this year and neither are five of my friends. The uncertainty over ownership is a factor but the usual suspects remain, one individual in particular whose actions last year are reason enough for me not to give them my cash in advance. 

1 hour ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I’m not renewing my season ticket this year and neither are five of my friends. The uncertainty over ownership is a factor but the usual suspects remain, one individual in particular whose actions last year are reason enough for me not to give them my cash in advance. 

Dont think you are alone in this stance unfortunately and totaly understand why fans would feel like this 

Club look to have made some real progress in the player recruitment side of things 🤞, such a shame they appear to be reluctant to do anything to build bridges with the fan base.