The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

The only minor nitpick I'd have is that the shades of the colours are a bit different from what I was expecting, but yeah I'll be buying it whenever they manage to get it on sale. 

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The only minor nitpick I'd have is that the shades of the colours are a bit different from what I was expecting, but yeah I'll be buying it whenever they manage to get it on sale. 

I think we can all guess who picked the shade of one if them...

8 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

Maybe a case of toughening up young players? I dislike bullies but I can see that some youngsters may be a bit soft for the rigours of pro football. I'm sure many players spoke very highly of him.

He was an absolute p***k. Yes,he thought he was toughening up players but lots of the young players were terrified of making a mistake on the pitch as he crucified them afterwards. Wasn’t averse to bullying first team players as well. 

On 17/08/2024 at 20:09, stepek 4 tellys said:

He was an absolute p***k. Yes,he thought he was toughening up players but lots of the young players were terrified of making a mistake on the pitch as he crucified them afterwards. Wasn’t averse to bullying first team players as well. 

He also bullied Scott Struthers in that video at the 4-4 game v Raith Rovers threatening to report him to McGowan remember.

Scrappy today but a win is a win, especially considering we had 4/5 starters apparently unavailable. 

Thought Martin had an excellent game, showed his class in his vision and passing. Barring a few heart in mouth moments, solid in defence. Albison wasn't troubled. 

We struggled a bit going forward though. The final ball wasn't there. Shaw was stupidly caught offside about 3/4 times. O'Hara should have been taken off after 70 given he was clearly gubbed. 

Onto the derby next week - real chance to build up momentum! 

2 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

Also Gabe Forsyth made the bench again for Norwich today. 

I know we needed the money but imagine if we'd kept him and Òne....

He started for them last week at home to Blackburn and had their best effort at goal outside the two they scored. I imagine he'll have triggered at least one add-on so far. I can't help thinking we have another potential star in Morgan but he's not getting a chance to show it. 

1 hour ago, Owsley 2 said:

. I can't help thinking we have another potential star in Morgan but he's not getting a chance to show it. 

I think Morgan could have really done with a loan move however now that O'Connor is out for 3 months it's probably extremely unlikely that we'll loan him out which probably means he'll sit on the bench for most of the season. You would hope that Rankin will start guys like Morgan and Newbury when we play Dundee United B and maybe a chance for them to win a place in the first team if they do really well in that game.

4 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

Also Gabe Forsyth made the bench again for Norwich today. 

I know we needed the money but imagine if we'd kept him and Òne....

The money is very handy but I don't think we had an option, One certainly wanted to go and Gabe may have been the same.

No sponsor, no fans, no money to pay wages, and we'll still finish above utter shite like Dunfermline, Clydebank and Morton.

Accies are Back 🇦🇹🇦🇹

Edited by Todd_is_God

8 hours ago, Accie1 said:

The money is very handy but I don't think we had an option, One certainly wanted to go and Gabe may have been the same.

Don't think you could blame either of them if they wanted to move on both of them weren't even starting games for us and Gabe wasn't even on the bench that often for us. Fair play to Gabe he's went from not even making the bench for a Scottish League 1 side to starting for an English Championship side in a year I find that a bit mental to be honest. 

11 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

He started for them last week at home to Blackburn and had their best effort at goal outside the two they scored. I imagine he'll have triggered at least one add-on so far. I can't help thinking we have another potential star in Morgan but he's not getting a chance to show it. 

I quite like Morgan but I don't think he has anywhere close to the potential of the four who went down south. His attitude is top notch and he's pretty good around the box, but I reckon that he doesn't quite have enough to his game to make it at a level above the one he's currently at. I obviously still want him to get opportunities to prove me wrong though. 

9 hours ago, Accie1 said:

I think the chat around Forsyth was that when Falkirk shut down their academy, he only joined us due to some link he had with the club, so he was always gonna leave as soon as other clubs started showing an interest in him. 

As far as I remember, he got hooked at half-time in a cup game against Clyde - which I didn't see - and then never played again. I'm not sure if he even made a squad after that. It's kind of bizarre how little he featured given he was a clear standout for the u18s, though I suppose his head may have been turned at some point. 

Got to say yesterday an annoying/worrying aspect of the game was Rankin refusing to make subs. Dunfermline were running at us with 4 fresh players and we hadn't taken anyone off yet until something like the 80th minute. I don't think we even used all our subs, which is bizarre given how much strength in depth we have.