The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

23 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Dont know if its anything as organised as a boycot, i'm not attending Saturday because of the cost, there has to come a point when it just isn't value for money and the prices accies are charging is above that point, said the same last year with Dundee United. I'm sure accies have done the sums and the extra they make from the visiting crowds brought by Falkirk, Thistle etc might balance things out. 

Out of interest what would be your cut off point £22, £24?

I think £20 would be fair for the Championship but do and will pay more.

Edited by Accie1
Added my thoughts.

21 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Dont know if its anything as organised as a boycot, i'm not attending Saturday because of the cost, there has to come a point when it just isn't value for money and the prices accies are charging is above that point, said the same last year with Dundee United. I'm sure accies have done the sums and the extra they make from the visiting crowds brought by Falkirk, Thistle etc might balance things out. 

This is a very big assumption tbf

23 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

How do you know that the correct documents haven't already been shown? And when was this confirmed within the club? Sure it was last week Rankin was in the press saying he wanted to bring in 1 or 2 still. 

Because it's accies, Ian. Keep up.

Rankin probably didn't even know about the Ban. 

3 hours ago, Accie1 said:

Surprised a member of the club confirmed this if not already in the public domain. Do you know if it's an automatic thing or at the bequest of SPFL or PFA?

Hidden for a reason, our glorious DOF can't have anything that makes him look bad in the public domain. 

4 hours ago, moses1924 said:

There is a lot of anger amongst our fans at these prices.

People I know who rarely miss games can’t afford to take their kids and we can forget any walk ups.

There was a lot of discussion at the recent Fans Forum and when I said away supports would be half what they should be , the Board Members present disagreed.

Well, it is working out as I warned and they only have themselves to blame.

Pricing out Accies fans in our 150th season is beyond the pale and perhaps if away fans announced an official boycott, it may force heads to be banged together.

5 hours ago, Accie1 said:

Out of interest what would be your cut off point £22, £24?

I think £20 would be fair for the Championship but do and will pay more.

I usually attend games with my son so look at the combined parent and child cost rather than the adult ticket price alone.  Last season Dundee Utd were charging £25 for an adult but only £5 for an under-12, so £30 combined was as high as I would have gone but even that was pushing it. Ideally an adult ticket for the Championship should be about £20 max. 

25 minutes ago, WL Diamond said:

I usually attend games with my son so look at the combined parent and child cost rather than the adult ticket price alone.  Last season Dundee Utd were charging £25 for an adult but only £5 for an under-12, so £30 combined was as high as I would have gone but even that was pushing it. Ideally an adult ticket for the Championship should be about £20 max. 

Not justifying our prices at all, but the combined price of a parent and child ticket at Hamilton is a whopping £3 more than at Airdrie.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not justifying our prices at all, but the combined price of a parent and child ticket at Hamilton is a whopping £3 more than at Airdrie.

Airdrie do a parent and child ticket (under-16) for £27, so actually a £7 difference; no option like that at Accies, it soon adds up over the season 

52 minutes ago, WL Diamond said:

Airdrie do a parent and child ticket (under-16) for £27, so actually a £7 difference; no option like that at Accies, it soon adds up over the season 

I'm the same, parent and child, I think £30 would be my cut off to answer the question above, if Airdrie were charging that for games I would go less as no matter how much you want to support a club its not worth paying that. Its easy to make the argument that "its only a few pounds over" but there has to be a cut off point over which its not affordable. Feel for the accies fans though who have to make that choice every week, will the money from Clyde not give you guys a boost that could cover a few pounds less on the ticket price?

7 hours ago, moses1924 said:

will the money from Clyde not give you guys a boost that could cover a few pounds less on the ticket price?

We were told at our most recent fans forum (so high chance of this being more BS from Zengin/Brown tbf) that the Clyde agreement actually costs us financially as opposed to us making any gain from it.  I can only assume through increased leckie, stewarding and catering costs etc and perhaps limiting the number of events they can put on at the stadium compared to the rent Clyde pay.

They are trying to get Clyde out at the end of this season but Clyde have the option to stay for what would be a third/final season.

Your pricing policy is just wild. I didn’t attend our game against you guys solely on the pricing. I sent an email to the club stating as much and asking for them to justify the cost. I didn’t get a reply. It’s one thing for Dundee United to charge this as they were going for the title and have the costs associated with this but for other sides it’s just taking the piss.

9 hours ago, WL Diamond said:

I've just had a look at Dunfermline tickets and it would be £23 for a parent and U12. Great price. 

Twenty is plenty and I’ve voiced my opinion to my own club on this matter as we are £22. Refuse to go to game that’s are more than £20 per adult ticket but having a season ticket it kind of cancels it out. This isn’t because I can’t afford it instead it’s because there’s already so many people that can’t and the more people continue to pay the more they will continue to charge. Like Dundee united last year, Hamiltons pricing is particularly disgusting.

10 hours ago, WL Diamond said:

Fair enough. I used the info only on page 1 of this thread.

9 hours ago, moses1924 said:

will the money from Clyde not give you guys a boost that could cover a few pounds less on the ticket price?

I hear Clyde's rent is absolutely buttons, so most likely not.

I don't know the full details of the agreement we have with the stadium owner with regards to profits being shared with us but as @Scotty Tunbridge alluded to it's more likely than not that staging Clyde games reduces the stadium's profitability than enhances it and therefore is a drain on our income rather than a boost.

On 26/08/2024 at 22:35, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

We are 3-400 fans down per game this season compared to pre Christmas last year.

Quite a few folk who were regulars are not going and the numbers in Section A are easily half from last season.

Rumours are they are considering putting the PATG price down…to £25.🙈🙈😡

Really, that's a lot and conclusive proof that the current pricing model has failed.

1 minute ago, Kenny_m said:

Really, that's a lot and conclusive proof that the current pricing model has failed.

I’m not massively convinced the pricing is the biggest factor in this. The disconnect between the board and fans is growing and there’s no effort being made to correct it.

Seref giving off massive Anna Delvey vibes atm too which isn’t helping.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I’m not massively convinced the pricing is the biggest factor in this. The disconnect between the board and fans is growing and there’s no effort being made to correct it.

Seref giving off massive Anna Delvey vibes atm too which isn’t helping.

Seems like we dodged a bullet when Seref was trying to takeover us. On another note that "Fake Heiress" podcast was an excellent listen.

It's not ideal* that he's both a complete charlatan and also the only reason that the club's still afloat. 

*slight understatement

Edited by accies1874