The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

6 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

If so One should be starting every game milles better than Zannata. It would be nice if a QOTS or Cove done us a big favour and took Zannata off us. Guy doesn't look a bit interested. Even though Smithy was poor yesterday at least he was trying to make things happen unlike Zannata.

Hey, we're the good guys 😉, so leave us out of it 😁

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

In all seriousness I'd be gobsmacked with such a signing. It's probably the one area we're well covered. 

Non-scoring goalscorers. Yes, there seems to be a surfeit of them in the lower leagues.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

In all seriousness I'd be gobsmacked with such a signing. It's probably the one area we're well covered. 

Yeah tbf I'd imagine that a guy like Marvin Bartley will be signing guys that are very hardworking and will fight for the team Zannata doesn't fit that and is very lazy seems more like a guy Hartley would sign.

14 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Any particular reason to why Finn Robson didn't sign after being on trial with you?

I would of took him. He wouldn't of been a starter though maybe that's one of the reasons he will be guaranteed gametime at Forfar and I would expect that he will be one of your best players that wouldn't be the case at Accies sadly. Looks like he might have a good career ahead of him though. 

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I would of took him. He wouldn't of been a starter though maybe that's one of the reasons he will be guaranteed gametime at Forfar and I would expect that he will be one of your best players that wouldn't be the case at Accies sadly. Looks like he might have a good career ahead of him though. 

Yeah it's an interesting one because I would of said he'd be a guaranteed starter before our pre season began. since then we've had Moore and Inglis who started brilliantly and scored goals so he will have to work his way into our best starting 11 right now and step up when he's on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Yeah it's an interesting one because I would of said he'd be a guaranteed starter before our pre season began. since then we've had Moore and Inglis who started brilliantly and scored goals so he will have to work his way into our best starting 11 right now and step up when he's on the pitch.

Yeah from what I've seen of him on trial he will be fine at Forfar but we will see. Seems like Forfar will be one of the clubs up there for promotion this season in league 2.

26 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah from what I've seen of him on trial he will be fine at Forfar but we will see. Seems like Forfar will be one of the clubs up there for promotion this season in league 2.

🤞 Yeah we're hoping so too.

Think you recruited well too and expect the same for you so all the best. 👍

1 hour ago, Skondras said:

Regarding Saturday, I thought Conor Murray looked good, I'd like to see him start on Tuesday. 

I'd change the front three to Winter - McGlynn - Murray and maybe bring in Owens for Longridge. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I'm still happy with him making an impact from the bench. 

Ryan One should be one of first names in that lineup imo tomorrow should of started on Saturday over Zannata got a couple of minutes and in that couple of minutes he created a goal I genuinely think if One some how stays this season that he would be one of our best players. I would like to see us go with 2 up top tomorrow and have the wingers. Can see us giving guys like Tumilty, O'Hara and Martin maybe 1 or 2 others a rest for the game on Saturday. I would like to see Andy and Joe up top with One on the left wing and either Lewis or Murray on the right wing

Heard at the weekend that Accies made an offer to sign Aaron Muirhead.  Decent money and a two year deal but he didn't want to drop a division. Should mean there is a budget for another defender, if/ when they become available. 

46 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Heard at the weekend that Accies made an offer to sign Aaron Muirhead.  Decent money and a two year deal but he didn't want to drop a division. Should mean there is a budget for another defender, if/ when they become available. 

If we do have decent money left we should be using it to bring back Dylan McGowan 

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Even if that is true,

a - they've signed about 6 or 7 players since Muirhead agreed a new deal at Thistle so may have used the budget elsewhere.

b - they've just sold two kids to English clubs for 6 figure fees. I assume there's budget there is they want there to be (or does transfer cash get ringfenced elsewhere?)

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

b - they've just sold two kids to English clubs for 6 figure fees. I assume there's budget there is they want there to be (or does transfer cash get ringfenced elsewhere?)

Dunno about now days but previously transfer fees were ringfenced to build magic domes which turned out to be inflatable tents and then any excess siphoned off to Nigerian Princes.

Hoping the business model has changed nowadays.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge