The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

My St Johnstone source said he is a big, tall lad who can't run, can't head and can't defend 😂.

Ayr fans told us McGinty was rotten and he's barely put a foot wrong so far.

Nightmare for Serif, the Falkirk game now on TV. Hundreds of Bairns now bound to stay away rather than give a club they despise £26.

43 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Hard to what Olufunwa is. Said on our thread he's built like a 25yo but plays like a 17yo. 

Really inexperienced and doesn't seem adapted to senior football yet. I think he could be a cracking player but he needs to play 25+ 90 minute games before you know how high he can go, and he's definitely going to make errors positionally in that time so how many clubs will stick by him through it?

Probably better suited to RB than CB just now because of that inexperience.

Excellent signing and I don't think they'll be any Accies fan who won't be delighted with that. Really glad it's to the end of the season as well and not just a loan till January. That's us got the 2 positions we've really needed for a while imo a center half and a good creative midfielder so delighted with that as well. Would say that's us sorted now and apart from maybe Newbury or Latona getting a loan move away I would be very surprised to see anything else happen. Like I've said really happy with that and I feel a lot more confident about the season now than I did before we've got a team more than competitive now for this league and it's down to Rankin to get the results. 

Less nice things to say about Connor Smith. A total pea heart who'll probably thrive for you because his billy big baws attitude will be more justified when hes seen as a more important player than we saw him as.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Less nice things to say about Connor Smith. A total pea heart who'll probably thrive for you because his billy big baws attitude will be more justified when hes seen as a more important player than we saw him as.

He probably enjoyed being the guy trying to single-handedly drag us to safety last time in the Championship. I hope he doesn't have to carry that level of importance again, but I get what you're saying about him potentially losing interest if he's not the main man. 

Albinson

Tumilty MacDonald McGinty Longridge

Smith Martin Barjonas Henderson

Shaw O'Hara

^ decent team on paper, imo, but The Beautiful Game isn't played on paper!

(also no academy players in that lineup...)

22 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

He probably enjoyed being the guy trying to single-handedly drag us to safety last time in the Championship. I hope he doesn't have to carry that level of importance again, but I get what you're saying about him potentially losing interest if he's not the main man. 

Aye I think he needs to be better than his team mates and opponents to thrive, otherwise he just gets a bit sulky and half arsed.

He's not the first like that to struggle in the top flight then absolutely stand out in the Championship. 

19 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Albinson

Tumilty MacDonald McGinty Longridge

Smith Martin Barjonas Henderson

Shaw O'Hara

^ decent team on paper, imo, but The Beautiful Game isn't played on paper!

(also no academy players in that lineup...)

Do you think this is why Hendrie is unstoppable? Got to keep those (A) going.

54 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Do you think this is why Hendrie is unstoppable? Got to keep those (A) going.

I don't care what Struthers says, if Maguire is the only (A) in the side then I'm still calling that the end of the streak. 

On 31/08/2024 at 08:11, stepek 4 tellys said:

I get what your saying, but what we have now is just a different version of the same circus.

I don't know what some Accies fans expect, I'd take stability in whatever division. The truth is that the crowds Accies get don't pay for the players they have now. Who knows where the money is coming from but when it isn't the same fans question the boards ambition. It's the usual ridiculous complaints from the usual suspects who seem to think we are something we're not. Living within our means Accies would be a League 1 club. Before we get the nonsense about crap managers or boards chasing fans away then take a look at our average attendance over the last 50 years, We've always had a shit support.